FF rear chromoly shafts... Where to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think on this side of the world Nitro is your only bet for off the shelf otherwise you are importing something in and or having it custom made.
I can take a picture of them tonight if you like. I have yet to swap mine and keep them as a spare set.

RCV would be worth a shot. They make 80 series FF rear shafts, and will do custom shafts.

Poly-performance used to be the only ones. They became synergy suspension.

All the 80 guys and us using FF FZJ80 axles seem to be using Nitro as above. I have not upgraded yet.

Only downside I've personally seen is the outside flange visible from the side of the truck can get some light rust.

I have seen more broken nitro ones than stock ones.

But given my experience with RCV front axles, I'd go that direction. Very high quality high strength stuff

Or, just bring spare stock ones.

I have a set of spares for my FF 70 series axle so I'm told the short side is the same as the 60 series FF. Could really then just need a 60 long side spare...

^^^The reason I used an 80 series FF axle in both FJ60/2 trucks.^^^

Well that may be so BUT I HAVE a FF 60 rear that'll bolt directly under the 60. Spare shafts would complete the project. I emailed RCV as their website doesn't mention FF rears.

RCV will make custom length anything. Instead of a flange, they use an outer driveplate like the front axle.

I'd probably look for stock shafts personally.

You have time to swap in an 80 FF rear. Takes 2 weekends in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom