Few technical questions about my Pig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a few lingering questions / issues that I need to work out and thought this would be something that the old timers could shed some light on.

1st Photo:
Broken Driver's Front inner door handle. This small plastic part broke and although the door still opens....it won't for long. Where can I source one of these ? I see (2) listed on Ebay but they are totally and completely different. If they are sold as new by any of the LandCruiser parts stores, I'll buy a complete set.

2nd Photo:
Heater Control Valve: Is this HCV factory / OEM or is it an after market piece ? This one is stuck and I'm going to replace it with all new hoses, etc.. but prefer to go back to original if possible. Any insight would be appreciated.

3rd Photo:
SMOG parts: What is this contraption and where do these hoses go ?
Is it needed or can it be (should it be) deleted completely ?
I either need to update it / replace it and connect it correctly or delete it completely.

Thanks for any info ~

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

1st photo... NLA You have to find used, hopefully we will have some after market ones made, but for now find somebody parting out a 55.

2nd photo... I believe that is the stock shut off valve.

3rd photo... can't help, but it looks like the charcoal canister and it does help to keep down fumes.

If deleting the charcoal canister, considerations to how it affects the rear canister (for lack of 'technical term') and/or overall fuel hose and vent should be given.

It may (operative) have some implications on fuel tank pressure and/or in can fumes.

keep the CC canister- it cuts down on raw gas odor as it is venting out of your tank. what year pig?

the canister can be cut open and refilled with fish tank carbon, gently packed down and jb welded shut if the old carbon is clogged. I cut them open just below the lip and make the jb weld bead look like the lip...

the canister can be cut open and refilled with fish tank carbon, gently packed down and jb welded shut if the old carbon is clogged. I cut them open just below the lip and make the jb weld bead look like the lip...

It's a 1972~

Extremely good advice guys !

I've been noticing a strong odor while the truck is running that is not from an engine (burning rich), but smells more like raw gas !

I'll find a hose schematic and determine where the loose hose (cut and just hanging loose) is supposed to go and reconnect.
I'll also cut and refill the canister as drected above.

Thanks Again

There's a nightmarish mess of pathways to and fro, front to back, that are as logical as a Mexican map.

Good luck, take good notes, and lemme know how you fixed it!!

Will do !

that hose from the CC can goes to an inlet on the carb...

SOR used to have decent diagrams of the hose routings done by year. I'll bet you see where it is supposed to plug in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom