Festive Holiday Tree Run...Interest and Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rolling on last year's success we're going to plan a winter run for everyone to get out and collect a tree for the holiday season....with other folks to pull you out of the ditch!!!

This is just to get the ball rolling so we can put it on the calendar. Last year it was on Black Friday.

Thoughts??

I am good to head it up again if folks want to go on black friday? I do need @adventurefamly there in case I have to turn at any point on any trail. I did buy a Master Pull bubba rope for the occasion.

First snow wheeling trip of the season, breaking trail, finding the perfect tree, breaking out the grill for lunch with some hot cocoa for dessert, meeting some random guy in a lime green Tundra wearing shorts, t-shirt and sneakers in three feet of snow......Black Friday sounds like a plan for us!
Same trail, same rap channel?
@REZARF I'm sure we will break in your snatch strap this year.

Guys, if you need to pull a trailer to not get stuck this year...:rofl:

Didn’t get Black Friday off so have a great time!!!

my 100 series is clunking up front when compressing the suspension and turning right...

if I can't find the time to fix it before the new week begins, someone else ought to spear head this one.

my 100 series is clunking up front when compressing the suspension and turning right...

if I can't find the time to fix it before the new week begins, someone else ought to spear head this one.
Rumor has it the 100 is fine! I'm in for a Friday tree run. I'll likely be bringing the little blue Montero as well

Yeah, I started unbolting things until the thunk went away! :bounce:

So lets make this thing official!

Get your tree permit at any ACE Hardware, I am sure there are other places but that is where I go.

Lets get a plan together of when and where...

Thoughts to get things rolling:

9am to 10am depart time?
Somewhere close for tree selection?
  • Hyalite
  • Flathead pass
  • Fairy Lake
  • Little bear
IF YOU ARE COMING CHIME IN, if your unsure... let the others decide and jump in when you decide :)

Good departure time frame.

A: If Flathead is chosen I wouldn't recommend doing it from the Springhill side. There is a shadow area, on an incline and a curve, that tends to be icy. Single vehicle turn around is a challenge, due to the fact that there is a creek/revine on the edge of the road. Multi -vehicle would make for a great story.

2: Little Bear could be neat. Does anyone know when the gates are closed? If they are closed just a lot of 'trash' trails (shooting ranges, Jeeps. We all know the type) around there. Another thought might be the storm castle side. Could be cool.

III: Haven't spent much time up Hyalite so no beta there.

Cuatro: Fairy Lake is proven.

This is my input. Ace hardware in Belgrade is legit! Second favorite hardware store ever. First one is in Ouray but that's a story for another time.

Keep On Keeping' On

We are 100% in!

I was up little bear a few days ago, it's passable, but we got stuck when we tried to turn around. Gates are still open.

If it was up to me i'd choose either fairy lake or Little bear.

also i say we roll out at 10. Depending on destination we can find a meeting location sort of close and meet there prior to.

Supposed to have some snow.

Let's do Fairy Lake, meet/roll at 10am.

Meet up at Starbucks on 19th by Home Depot?

Sound good for everyone?

Is it just us 3 rigs?

Good news is the two people to pop me out last year are both on the trail. I better run in the middle.

We had a good time...

@Rambo Penguin @adventurefamly and teamREZARF got some of USFS finest trees.

we went up fairy lake and made it 1/2 mile past lasts years spot. The kids sled, we chopped down some trees and I even stayed out of the ditch!

it was cold, but otherwise a nice day out.

Bryan busting trail...
562F20BE-8366-467C-B1D3-E03C7B3A4486.jpeg

group shot of the adults, kids and dog were on the hill sledding.
728E04A6-7CA7-433A-99BF-D59D41DC4F21.jpeg

Fresh snow... note: I’m not in the ditch ;)
9AF10DC3-DB99-42A4-9127-7D4AC5033E5B.jpeg

Less snow for sure but still enough to feel like fall :rolleyes:
CA801F0C-C954-4536-9703-2BF3BEE4C69D.jpeg

Success... got us a nice tree. She’s a beaut’ Clark.
B89FC599-2DEC-4C9B-A971-E75CE18D06EC.jpeg

We had been looking forward to that trip for a bit and it definitely did not disappoint. Annual trip I'd say!
Next year we should have @Rambo Penguin 's Tour Guide Service take us up Brackett Creek. He has the voice of a narrator over the radio!

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

We were up brackett the same day, we ended up behind the cruiser caravan on the way back to town. We just were up bracket for a ski. The road isn't very adventurous or very long. There are plenty of trees though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom