Fenders that can take a beating. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I flipped my FJ40 on its side yesterday and it bent my fender. I was wondering if anybody make fenders that can stand that kind of abuse?

I kinda like those Metal Tech fenders and they look pretty beefy. Do they mount to the frame at all?

The guy that helped me toss it back on the wheels with his truck was suprised when I got in, started it and drove home.

I dont know of any fender that will support the weight of a cruiser in a flop. You can probably make something from tube and sheet metal if you take the time and want to make it look close to factory. You will probably have to run a radiator bar across between the fenders for support and then tie them in some other way as well to keep things reinforced.

I was thinking about getting some aftermarket fenders, then having a local shop weld some 1.25" .120 wall dom to the inside of the fenders, matching the curves, etc. This would make them heavier, but MUCH beefier, and they would still look stock.

It's tough to tie stuff into the frame and make it removeable.

The aftermarket fenders are so thin I doubt you could weld to them.

dont tip over and you wont need anything, ive seen some cool tube fenders that would hold up. not to hard to build either.

I am gonna work on that not tipping over thing.

It is amazing how easily the thing flipped over though. I have very nearly rolled a lot of vehicles and this one took the least amount of effort for sure.

Side Bars? Whatcha mean?

i'm planing on getting a set of metal tech tube fenders and tieing them to the hood hoop then to the frame in the back. Key word is planning, if I get a DD I might just say F- fenders

here is pic of what i'm talkin bout

attachment.php

and thread

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372644

Yeah that is pretty cool. I am not crazy about that front hoop thing, but it is functional and that is what I am more interested.

Anyone ever seen those full hood brush guard things for heeps? They replace the front bumper and come all the way up and over the hood. They must hinge or something or you couldn't get into the engine compartment.

Those things are mall cruising cheddar.

e-man said:
Anyone ever seen those full hood brush guard things for heeps? They replace the front bumper and come all the way up and over the hood. They must hinge or something or you couldn't get into the engine compartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom