Fenders/guards at the front - both inners and outers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Outers we know are removable panels and tend to be the most likely to get damaged body parts plus are the most difficult ones to find replacements for (esp non-flared ones which haven't got holes and other stuff). At least being removable they can be taken off the body for complete inspection and (if possible) repair/repainting, and that then reveals the horrid state of the inner fenders which (on my 80 at least) only seem to have got undercoat and no top/final coat.

With the inner ones - are they welded on or bolted? Can new inner ones still be sourced (I haven't tried out any p/n's for the inners).

If they're weld-on that's outside my scope but if they're bolted it is possible to replace them if necessary or at least remove and inspect/treat like the outer ones.

On the topic of the outer fenders, are there any reproduction ones (guessing not)? Pricing up new ones using p/n's out of toyodiy in amayama make it prohibitively expensive to even try and order new genuine ones. :cool:

Inners are Bolted and seam sealed in place. Part numbers in this thread. No idea of the availability these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom