Fender vent screws FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to find screws for my 1982 FJ60 fender vents. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thank you.

Cruiser corps might have them. Heck they’re probably still available from Toyota.

Are the small plastic inserts that the screws go into still there?

Small Oval-head chrome or zinc tapping screw from Ace or Fastener store.

The Toyota part # is not returning much anything on a search. 90189-01014 which means it's an obsolete std part, most likely.

Small Oval-head chrome or zinc tapping screw from Ace or Fastener store.

The Toyota part # is not returning much anything on a search. 90189-01014 which means it's an obsolete std part, most likely.
Thanks! That’s what I was thinking. Is there another similar size screw on the car that I can take to make sure I get the right one? Like the screws for the headlights/taillights or side markers?

I'd try to get screws with the same thread pitch since they self tap into the plastic and youd want to keep it the same.

The part number for the screw is actually 90162-40006. (90189-01014 is for the plastic inserts). But that number shows as being discontinued. It seems to only be used on the FJ60 for the front fender vents. I don't know enough about the Toyota part numbers to say if there is a similar sized screw with a different finish elsewhere on the FJ60.

The part number for the screw is actually 90162-40006. (90189-01014 is for the plastic inserts). But that number shows as being discontinued. It seems to only be used on the FJ60 for the front fender vents. I don't know enough about the Toyota part numbers to say if there is a similar sized screw with a different finish elsewhere on the FJ60.
Thanks for the help!

I switched that stuff out a long tome ago and I remember ordering those from sor

Below is a picture of the fender vent screw (left) along side a #6 oval head sheet metal screw (length is different). The overall length of the toyota screw is about 9/16". The head diameters are about the same, but the toyota screw is thicker. Also the head taper on the toyota screw looks like it is 90deg, while the #6 screw is 82deg. I suppose a #6 screw would work, but you might also want to replace the plastic inserts so the new screw cuts new threads.

1618239827671.png

Below is a picture of the fender vent screw (left) along side a #6 oval head sheet metal screw (length is different). The overall length of the toyota screw is about 9/16". The head diameters are about the same, but the toyota screw is thicker. Also the head taper on the toyota screw looks like it is 90deg, while the #6 screw is 82deg. I suppose a #6 screw would work, but you might also want to replace the plastic inserts so the new screw cuts new threads.

View attachment 2643090
I wonder if ace would carry something in metric that would be a close fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom