Fender vent screws FJ60 (1 Viewer)

Spike Strip

Go Fun Me
SILVER Star
Small Oval-head chrome or zinc tapping screw from Ace or Fastener store.

The Toyota part # is not returning much anything on a search. 90189-01014 which means it's an obsolete std part, most likely.

Small Oval-head chrome or zinc tapping screw from Ace or Fastener store.

The Toyota part # is not returning much anything on a search. 90189-01014 which means it's an obsolete std part, most likely.
Thanks! That’s what I was thinking. Is there another similar size screw on the car that I can take to make sure I get the right one? Like the screws for the headlights/taillights or side markers?

2mbb

SILVER Star
The part number for the screw is actually 90162-40006. (90189-01014 is for the plastic inserts). But that number shows as being discontinued. It seems to only be used on the FJ60 for the front fender vents. I don't know enough about the Toyota part numbers to say if there is a similar sized screw with a different finish elsewhere on the FJ60.

The part number for the screw is actually 90162-40006. (90189-01014 is for the plastic inserts). But that number shows as being discontinued. It seems to only be used on the FJ60 for the front fender vents. I don't know enough about the Toyota part numbers to say if there is a similar sized screw with a different finish elsewhere on the FJ60.
Thanks for the help!

2mbb

SILVER Star
Below is a picture of the fender vent screw (left) along side a #6 oval head sheet metal screw (length is different). The overall length of the toyota screw is about 9/16". The head diameters are about the same, but the toyota screw is thicker. Also the head taper on the toyota screw looks like it is 90deg, while the #6 screw is 82deg. I suppose a #6 screw would work, but you might also want to replace the plastic inserts so the new screw cuts new threads.

1618239827671.png

Below is a picture of the fender vent screw (left) along side a #6 oval head sheet metal screw (length is different). The overall length of the toyota screw is about 9/16". The head diameters are about the same, but the toyota screw is thicker. Also the head taper on the toyota screw looks like it is 90deg, while the #6 screw is 82deg. I suppose a #6 screw would work, but you might also want to replace the plastic inserts so the new screw cuts new threads.

View attachment 2643090
I wonder if ace would carry something in metric that would be a close fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom