Fender mirror?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hai, Does anyone know where to get this part? part number? price? any help would be greatly appreciated.

brulong:grinpimp:

Last edited:
That mirror is a JDM part, it is made for RHD trucks. There is no listing for that type of mirror in other markets. So unless you are in England or such not much use to you. I think the visibility from the left side will suck.

The part might or might not be available, since it was an optional part...;)

As Dave (Japan4X4) has stated it is to help you see better and I've only seen them being available (by Toyota) for the Japanese Domestic Market.

But John ("97 FZJ"; I think) has (had) something similar for the LHD vehicles. You might want to ping him for some/more information.

ANYWAY, the picture you have posted, I believe has the base/stalk thingy for the RHD/JDM 80, but the mirror part of another Toyota (Surf/4Runner, maybe) grafted.

Let me see if I have a pic available for the one that was for the 80 somewhere....

.... Hey what the... what are the chances... I happen to have one in my closet!!!:grinpimp:

Here are the pics... (It's missing a cap to cover the base, but...):

(More Toyota content to follow):)
PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0014b.jpg
PICT0019b.jpg

For some weird reason I just happen to have the one for the 100 series as well.:eek: :rolleyes:

This lets see both what's on the side of the left front wheel fenderwell, as well as in front of the front bumper:

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg

And finally, action pics! (Yellow and blue FJC's in front of my vehicle and the 40's are next to the left front fenderwell.:hillbilly:)

Well... you get the idea:flipoff2:

PICT0146b.jpg
PICT0147b.jpg
PICT0143b.jpg

Last edited:
Fender mirrors are much more usefull than side mirrors. They don't have the blind spots that side mirrors have and you can see them without turning your head much, therefore becoming more easily aware if one of those teeny tiny rice rockets have snuggled into your right side.

Unfortunately the looks have never been popular in the U.S.A.

Kalawang

White watch band?

Mot,

Does your wife know you are wearing her watch?
:flipoff2: :grinpimp:

Any good pictures of the mirrors mounted on an 80? Looking for front, side, corner shots if possible.

Dave

IIRC, the OEM fender mirror for the 80 only is only available for the LH side, which is the driver's side in the US.

Here is the aftermarket fender mirror that fits the US passenger side (RH).
IMAG0018 -1.jpg
IMAG0019 -1.jpg
IMAG0021 -1.jpg

Thanks Mot. Interesting that it shows the mirror mounted with a hood seam overlap. It looks that like that was to avoid having to drill into the actual fender and to permit proper line of sight. What do you think?

What were the prices on these if available?

Wah..thanks everyone for all the info. Could the fender mirror for 100 series be mod to fit the 80 series?:grinpimp:

Thanks Mot. Interesting that it shows the mirror mounted with a hood seam overlap. It looks that like that was to avoid having to drill into the actual fender and to permit proper line of sight. What do you think?

I bought a pair of those, or something that looked like those. They have the same shape, colour and look the same size. The ones I bought were Taiwan made, about $ 5 ea. , plastic, and were useless for anything more than letting you know something was there. The Taiwan stuff clip onto the hood with a couple of allen screws. Very flimsy construction.

I've seen the ones from Japan though never had the chance to buy those. Much better mirrors and look to give more information. There are also larger ones that are electrically adjustable, though I've only seen those on Cedric's, the cars used as Taxi's in Japan.

Kalawang

I think Kalawang has answered most of the questions.
However, since I have not owned it in person (the aftermarket one) I cannot speak for its quality and longetivity.

BTW, I've just PM-ed you about the cost.

Wah..thanks everyone for all the info. Could the fender mirror for 100 series be mod to fit the 80 series?:grinpimp:
Also, what you guys need to keep in mind is that these are meant for the RHD vehicles with drivers on the right (not left) side of the vehicle. Although I think it "might" be able to be fitted with fabrication (and creativity) it will not be "bolt-on".
I've recently picked up the one for the 90 series to someone abroad. He is going to see if he could mod it to fit his LHD vehicle. I'll let you know what he finds out.

I've seen someone with an 80 fit the 100 (assist) mirror with the 80's base. But again, that is with the JDM/RHD vehicles.

Mot:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom