Fender mirror head? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks!

I just purchased my first cruiser, a 1990 FJ62 ex-fire truck.

Unfortunately the truck has a damaged right side fender mounted mirror. I have the stalk / fender mount, but the head is damaged and the glass is missing.

Is this part available anywhere? It looks like it might be shared with the 70-series, but I'm not sure.

Thank you
-Rob

2021-12-09 14.16.19-1.jpg

you might be able to rebuild the mirror. You can get a new piece of mirror cut to the right size. depending on how badly you want the mirrors I bet a local machine shop or fab shop could make a new head for you

Thanks! Unfortunately those are a different style mirror.

The ones I need are these I think:

View attachment 2865858

Thanks
-Rob
I would be searching Europe and Asia. Maybe Australia. I highly doubt you’ll find them in the states unless someone bought a set for a project and never used them. I think @cruisermatt installed a set of those on his 62 a while back.

Mine are from a JDM 70 series. They are still
available new from Toyota. The mirror part looks very similar, I am bed-ridden ill currently but I’ll try to venture out later and get some detailed pics so we can compare

Mine are from a JDM 70 series. They are still
available new from Toyota. The mirror part looks very similar, I am bed-ridden ill currently but I’ll try to venture out later and get some detailed pics so we can compare
Now that’s dedication. Feel better!

I've had a set of those fender mirrors for over 10 years and I love them. I mounted nutserts into the fender so I can easily take them off to work under the hood.

I just got a new set of replacement heads this year. I got them off of eBay. They are mirror heads for an FJ40. I have tried cheaper aftermarket ones but the socket the ball goes into isn't the right size. They come in both gray and black.

20210612_075422.jpg

20210722_103315.jpg

I've had a set of those fender mirrors for over 10 years and I love them. I mounted nutserts into the fender so I can easily take them off to work under the hood.

I just got a new set of replacement heads this year. I got them off of eBay. They are mirror heads for an FJ40. I have tried cheaper aftermarket ones but the socket the ball goes into isn't the right size. They come in both gray and black.

View attachment 2866654

View attachment 2866655

Thanks for the confirmation! Great looking truck!

Do you happen to recall the specs on the hardware for mounting? I want to have everything in-hand when I take delivery of the truck.

Thank you
-Rob

RivMan - If you have the brackets already mounted, there is no extra hardware needed. There are a couple of screws that come with the new mirrors. Pop the socket of the new mirrors onto the ball on the stalk. The mirrors have a 2 holes above and below the socket. One side is hex-shaped for the nut that comes with the mirrors. The install the screws. Its less than a 5 minute job.

FJ60 fender mirror noted.jpg

Hey folks!

I just purchased my first cruiser, a 1990 FJ62 ex-fire truck.

Unfortunately the truck has a damaged right side fender mounted mirror. I have the stalk / fender mount, but the head is damaged and the glass is missing.

Is this part available anywhere? It looks like it might be shared with the 70-series, but I'm not sure.

Thank you
-Rob

View attachment 2865769
Very cool Truck. Just curious, did you get that truck out of San Marcos TX? If not, that parking lot and surrounding area has a very close resemblance to the place I’m thinking of right off I35

Very cool Truck. Just curious, did you get that truck out of San Marcos TX? If not, that parking lot and surrounding area has a very close resemblance to the place I’m thinking of right off I35

Thanks! Yeah, this is the one that's been sitting in front of San Marcos Motorcycles for a while. I'm in the process of moving to San Antonio (from Michigan) for a 4-month work rotation and decided to pickup a project while I'm there! I may have to hit you up for some parts while I'm in town!

RivMan - If you have the brackets already mounted, there is no extra hardware needed. There are a couple of screws that come with the new mirrors. Pop the socket of the new mirrors onto the ball on the stalk. The mirrors have a 2 holes above and below the socket. One side is hex-shaped for the nut that comes with the mirrors. The install the screws. Its less than a 5 minute job.

View attachment 2867626

Thanks! Unfortunately the fender was replaced, and I need to re-mount the bracket with Rivnuts. I'd like to get all the hardware ready to go before I head down (I'm in Michigan now, truck is in Texas) so that I can drill a couple holes and mount it as soon as I get there.

Thanks!
-Rob

I used the same screws that came with the brackets I bought a long time ago. They are the same size as the regular FJ60 door mirror screws. If I remember correctly, I think they are M8x1.0 and 15mm long. Anyone pipe up if I'm wrong. I then went to Amazon and bought a metric rivnut set that had M4, M6, M8 and M10 rivnuts in aluminum. I'd also get a stepdrill from Harbor Freight. I used the bracket for a template and drilled off of that. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom