Fender liner question please.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my antenna and have read the links... One mentions removing a bolt and pulling the liner down to get at the motor..

I have checked and can only see that the liner is held in place by multiple plastic fasteners.. I think the center pin pops out and the fastener will come out.. Is this correct or am I going about it all wrong?

I tried to pop the plastic center pin out of one of the fasteners and only accomplished popping off the head of the plastic fastener.. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you if you can enlighten me.. :confused:

You are not really doing any thing wrong. But before you brake too many more you will want to get some of these clips from your dealer or parts guy at toyota(dan mabe). Only by prying on two side will these sometimes come out with brakeing. So I would count up what you may think you will need and get some(8-10). I think you will need to get 5-6 of these things out to allow you to get to the motor. SO is some of the plastic mast broken off inside the motor? If not you do not have to remove the motor to replace the mast. There is a chrome piece with 4 slahes on the top of the mast housing that the antenna goes thru. remove this and then turn on the truck with the radio on, this will push out the mast. then you install it the same way in a sense, by starting the mast into the housing and turn off the truck, the antenna will such in then install the cap and turn on the truck again a it should self adjust to flush the antenna.but if the mast is broken off inside and you can not get the bits out, you will then need to get into the motor. later robbie

all of the plastic of the mast gear is broken off at the antenna end. The old plastic gear strip is still below.. When I try and raise the antenna the strip binds instead of popping up the hole.. Would have been nice if it would have come up.

If anyone is worried about the plastic strip, the time to check is before it breaks!

I think you could just remove the chrome ring on the fender and run the antenna up and out to check the condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom