Fender flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOR has them also.

60 & 62 Series Sahara Flares-Black-Fits 8/80-1/90 60 & 62 Series-Minor drilling & shaving required-Made of fiberglass-Comes with installation hardware & welting-6 piece set $466.44

those things are so pricey, I can't see pulling the trigger on them when there are so many other mods.......They look really cool to me though.

cruzerfetish said:
those things are so pricey, I can't see pulling the trigger on them when there are so many other mods.......They look really cool to me though.
I have seen a 60 with flars off an 80. THey looked pretty damn good. I would guess you would have to mod them a bit though.

The fiberglass MAF ones shatter like, you guessed it, GLASS when you kiss a tree. But they do cover up the classic rear-fender rust holes quite nicely. I'd like ones identical to MAF's made out of urethane: flexible & strong. Maybe Steve-O could see if their supplier could try casting a prototype set for me to test.

I have never seen these fender flares on a FJ60. Does anyone have pictures of them?

:beer:

GLTHFJ60 said:
I have never seen these fender flares on a FJ60. Does anyone have pictures of them?

here ya go...
62wflares.JPG
84LC60pic3.jpg
akraven1.JPG

Noah said:
I have seen a 60 with flars off an 80. THey looked pretty damn good. I would guess you would have to mod them a bit though.
this the one you're thinking of?
bigass60.JPG

nuclearlemon said:
this the one you're thinking of?
That rocks...
Anyone know where I an get me a set?

The flares on the white 60 look pretty good. I don't think that that is going to make my list of mods though. Some new mudflaps, but not flares.

I'm working on a set of these for my FJ62. It's getting a 17" lift put in, I was going for the 19" but heard the chrome-plated quadrouple shock group wouldn't extend far enough.. gotta go with what works ya know!

fj62huge1.jpg

(but seriously, the best fit out there are the HJ61 Toyota factory flares if you can get your hands on a set)

A 17 INCH LIFT!!!! How do you plan on climbing into the thing?

Do you 'wheel with it?

ya that's Hank and Robert there.. we're always talkin smack about how lowrider ghetto their 60 is. they're going up to a 4ft body lift on 74s because they can't find an 82" tire that works on their trail ready beadlocks- gotta keep the blinging laser cut beadlocks ya know

i dont know...fender flairs...welting..equals trapped moister...equals rust
my 2 cents

Here is the description of MAF's flares.

These super quality, 6 piece fender flare kits for 60 series Land Cruisers will make your 60 series look like a modern Sport Utility Vehicle, and provide the finishing touch when running larger than stock tires. Made exclusively for MAN-A-FRE in Australia out of the same material as our 40 series extra wide cut-out fender flares. Super durable, and flexible enough to withstand minor bumps, and abrasions without cracking. Material is 3.5mm thick to hold its shape without sagging, or drooping, supplied in black, but easily painted to match the color of your 60. Six piece kit includes two pieces that attach to rear quarter panels, two pieces that attach to rear doors, and two front fender flares. Mounting screws and welting also included in kit. Fits all 60 series Land Cruisers.

PART NO. 6009FK MAF FENDER FLARE KIT 60 SERIES $399.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom