Fender flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Does anybody know if Toyota Land Cruiser fender flares fit LX450?
And is the rear interchangeable?

The LX side cladding is built into the flares (just look at pictures of each) so they are not "simply" interchangeable.

If you remove the all the LX cladding & flares, there are a ton of extra holes to fill from all the clips (I think over 100?) - but ultimately you could get standard flares on there, if you're willing to do the work.

Last edited:
Fit, or look correct when you install them? Yes, they'll "fit", the LX450 is an 80 with a trim package, but to make the truck look right, you have to remove all the door cladding and replace all the flares. The 80 flares will not match the Lexus body cladding.

The LX side cladding is built into the flares (just look at pictures of each) so they are not "simply" interchangeable.

If you remove the all the LX cladding & flares, there are a ton of extra holes to fill from all the clips (I think over 100?) - but ultimately you could get standard flares on there, if you're willing to do the work.
Yes that’s what I’m talking about. I wanna take my clad ones off and put clean ones on there to look like an LC but LX450 upgrades

Yes that’s what I’m talking about. I wanna take my clad ones off and put clean ones on there to look like an LC but LX450 upgrades
But I’m thinking the rear rear flare I would not have to change just the front in the front rear. What do you think?
If that makes sense

Not sure that made sense. The bottom line is all four flares on an LX are connected to a piece of the side cladding, so if you are going to put Land Cruiser flares on it, you have to remove everything. Simply just go look at your truck.

And like I said, there are going to be a ton of holes in the side of the vehicle that will need to be filled. This is not something you can just simply swap out.

Not sure that made sense. The bottom line is all four flares on an LX are connected to a piece of the side cladding, so if you are going to put Land Cruiser flares on it, you have to remove everything. Simply just go look at your truck.

And like I said, there are going to be a ton of holes in the side of the vehicle that will need to be filled. This is not something you can just simply swap out.

The flare that i circled

279812713_125447613430751_8451550864392996124_n (3).jpg

Ah, gotcha. I don't know for sure if LX flares are the exact same shape as Land Cruiser, but if they are, no you would not have to take that off. However, I'd assume if you are getting a whole set of flares, it's going to come with that piece. If you don't change that one as well, you'll want to paint match everything.

This is how many holes you will be dealing with. So, if you're willing to fill all of them and repaint, ultimately yes you can do this.

400A35BE-A203-4FBE-9601-C27E7526C97B.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen a white LX

Fred, I've been to your house! Parked mine in your driveway! You even commented on how dirty it was!

Oh...maybe that's it. :p
..and all this time I thought it was gray

The LX450 'upgrades' basically consist of the extra body cladding and the air conditioning controls. Oh, and sometimes a (completely outdated and usually absent) car phone. Trade your LX for an LC and swap out the A/C controls.

The LX450 'upgrades' basically consist of the extra body cladding and the air conditioning controls. Oh, and sometimes a (completely outdated and usually absent) car phone. Trade your LX for an LC and swap out the A/C controls.
There’s less Lexus 80’s out there that’s what I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom