Fender Flares for a '60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone purchased, installed, or seen firsthand the FJ60 Duraflare fender flares (see below) sold by Spectre Off-Road? Are these any good or just a worthless pile of poo?

Thanks for the input,

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

They look :rainbow:

I vote #2

I have never seen the SOR flares

How about these from 4wheelauto??

60frtflare.jpg

http://www.4wheelauto.com/main.htm

Many years ago when I had my first 60, I decided I needed fender flares. The SOR Duraflares looked reasonable. After being raped by the "special packaging" cost, I set out to install the things. I didn't get too far. The rear looked easier than the front because the rolled edge of the fender is exposed all the way around. In front you have to deal with the inner fender screwed to the outer fender. I tried the front first. After an hour and dozen attempts with an assortment of c-clamps, I realized the the flares were indeed a pile of poo. I returned them and have never since thought I needed fender flares. HTHs

this site rocks!! thanks for the input fellas.....sounds like i'll be saving a few bucks and much frustration albeit at the expense of rock chips in the new paint..... oh well....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

I purchased SOR's Sahara flares that are priced about 350 bucks and was disappionted by the fit and frustration of installing it. They sure look better than the duraflares above but generally would not reccomend them. This is from a person who works on old houses so if you don't work with your hands, you're in for a frustrating time. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom