Fender flare repair ‘94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this belongs in “tech” but a runaway shopping cart broke 2 of the the plastic brads/bolts that hold the rear passenger door fender flare to the body. Anyone know where to get replacements? Initial search of Google, eBay, Gamiviti didn’t turn anything up.

The flare is still attached to the body but the top two plastic bolts are broken that hold it to the car door. Any links, sources, insights much appreciated. I’ll post a pic shortly. Thanks all.

Hi there, a great resource to view what you need is partsouq.com. Add your vehicle into the "garage" by inputting your VIN, and you can search your specific vehicle's parts all day long. There are other resources out there, but I prefer partsouq. Easy to use, they ship out of Dubai, they package everything extremely well, etc., etc. Given that you need very small components, I'd buy locally, but you can go to your local Toyota shop and have them grab you what you need at a higher price minus the shipping. When you need to make larger purchases, check this website out; not everything is cheaper through here, but 99% of the items are.

You will probably need this pin at a minimum 90249-06132.

94 TLC Flare.JPG

Not sure if this belongs in “tech” but a runaway shopping cart broke 2 of the the plastic brads/bolts that hold the rear passenger door fender flare to the body. Anyone know where to get replacements? Initial search of Google, eBay, Gamiviti didn’t turn anything up.

The flare is still attached to the body but the top two plastic bolts are broken that hold it to the car door. Any links, sources, insights much appreciated. I’ll post a pic shortly. Thanks all.

A7EA88EA-A9E5-4514-B46F-710FC83972D7.jpeg

9350891C-33A6-49AD-9992-634E62F71A33.jpeg

Hi there, a great resource to view what you need is partsouq.com. Add your vehicle into the "garage" by inputting your VIN, and you can search your specific vehicle's parts all day long. There are other resources out there, but I prefer partsouq. Easy to use, they ship out of Dubai, they package everything extremely well, etc., etc. Given that you need very small components, I'd buy locally, but you can go to your local Toyota shop and have them grab you what you need at a higher price minus the shipping. When you need to make larger purchases, check this website out; not everything is cheaper through here, but 99% of the items are.

You will probably need this pin at a minimum 90249-06132.

View attachment 3237717
Never heard of them. I’ll check them out and see what the local Toyota guys say. Appreciate it.

I'd say you should take off the whole broken flair. Assess what's actually broken, then place your order. Nothing worse than thinking you have what it takes to do the job, then getting in there and realizing you don't.
I know this because I'm a victim of never taking that advice.

I'd say you should take off the whole broken flair. Assess what's actually broken, then place your order. Nothing worse than thinking you have what it takes to do the job, then getting in there and realizing you don't.
I know this because I'm a victim of never taking that advice.
Ha! Sage advise. I’ll do that. Thanks!

One other opinion, may not be what you want, is removing the flares altogether. They do get broken pretty easily offroad. I figure you probably want to fix the one, or take them all off.

I have one flare in a similar state after taking our 80 on a trail last summer.

The shopping cart must have hit just the right spot to damage the indestructible Land Cruiser in such a way.

ORRRRRR.

Now, hear me out; something much more sinister is happening here. Dark forces are at play here. Perhaps even the CCP is behind this. Good luck, I'm out of here.

The shopping cart must have hit just the right spot to damage the indestructible Land Cruiser in such a way.

ORRRRRR.

Now, hear me out; something much more sinister is happening here. Dark forces are at play here. Perhaps even the CCP is behind this. Good luck, I'm out of here.
👆🏽He’s right

One other opinion, may not be what you want, is removing the flares altogether. They do get broken pretty easily offroad. I figure you probably want to fix the one, or take them all off.

I have one flare in a similar state after taking our 80 on a trail last summer.
I would consider that . Appreciate it.

ORRRRRR.

You’re partially right - happened last night under the cover of darkness!

Never heard of them. I’ll check them out and see what the local Toyota guys say. Appreciate it.
Turned out to be a great resource for a few other things I need. Shipping was reasonable and surprisingly quick from Dubai to Dallas. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom