fender flare removal? 2000 UZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and searched, and i see nada on how to get these things off. I know there are some sort of clips etc.. And also theres some adhesive that will need to be taken off. But does anyone have a write-up that I am missing on how to actually go through the process? Tehre are about 5 threads about it, but nothing detailed. Just comments...

thanks for dealing with my ignorance. -SRH

unscrew all the screws on the clamps then just rip it off. It's not easy. Use a 3M rubber wheel on a drill to remove the adhesive. I think its called a pinstripe remover.

^ ^ ^ What he said. You may find some paint damage underneath but it will still look better than with them on. I used goof off and lots of elbow grease to get mine off, not fun.

In case you need the paint codes for that damaged paint...got this from toyotareference site
100 series color chart.png

Be prepared for the possibility of significant paint damage. My '06 had spots worn through to bare metal. I was shocked at how much the local Mr T dealer's estimate was ... luckily I found a small local shop that was more reasonable and did decent work ....

My '99 had significant paint damage around the rear door interface. No biggie, I have whiskey dents and Texas pin striping all over so it just adds to the character of the vehicle. Agree with above comments...get them off ASAP!

ty

thanks for all the replies! Ill go after this project asap!

also, a careful hand and a razor blade would be helpful as well. That adhesive don't mess around

My 2006 had very visible "outlines" from the *#$^ing flares. I had a body shop buff them as best they could... still visible.

even with the outlines, I think mine still looks better without

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom