Fender and molding - painted or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
guy
My 2004 LC got hit in a parking lot by a hit and run jerk. The cops got him and that is a funny story, but my question before I get with his insurance company...

Do the metalic grey fender flares come painted if you order a replacement or do they come in primer/black and the dealer/body shop as to paint them? Same with the mid-door trim that runs full body length?

If I can just order all the parts, I will put them on myself. If painting is involved, I will just let his insurance pick up the full cost at the dealer / body shop

This pic shows the color, but is pre-damage.

Thanks
P1020315.JPG

Sorry boys.. I found the answer on another thread.

Nice looking painted ARB sahara bar!

Thanks. I love my LC100. I wish I could shoot the jackarse who hit it when parked. He ran from the scene but there was a wonderfully ethical snow plow driver who saw the whole thing, and wrote the tag number, car type, driver description down and left a note on my windshield. I am sending him a big reward.

So.. the idiot who hit my car could have just given me $400 for broken plastic but is now facing $1000's in fines, and a court date for leaving the scene. I hope his insurance company drops him or jacks his rates up.

Reading the police report is funny when you get to the section where they confronted him at his front door and then found his fancy BMW in his garage with nose damage. The guy lives in a $1M+ house (I know this because he lives down the block from me)

I (almost) always pays to be honest.

I love reading about justice being served! Sorry you had to go through all the frustration to see it :)

Nice truck, I have the exact same color scheme and fender flares. I just bought it at the beginning of the month and someone hit/slide down the entire length of the rear bumper in the snow....can't believe it. Wouldn't be so bad to fix the bumper but they also damaged the tailgate. $750+!

BTW how do you like your ARB front bumper? I am thinking about getting one for Baja but I heard they make the nose super heavy and dive on bumps. Glad the a-hole that hit you got caught....wish someone would have seen the guy that hit me.

Nice truck, I have the exact same color scheme and fender flares. I just bought it at the beginning of the month and someone hit/slide down the entire length of the rear bumper in the snow....can't believe it. Wouldn't be so bad to fix the bumper but they also damaged the tailgate. $750+!

BTW how do you like your ARB front bumper? I am thinking about getting one for Baja but I heard they make the nose super heavy and dive on bumps. Glad the a-hole that hit you got caught....wish someone would have seen the guy that hit me.

I love the bumper for looks and function. If you are an off-road nut, don't paint it but rather powder coat it or will scratch.

I updated my shocks/springs, torsion bars and alignment to compensate for the weight. Talk to those who know more about it, but I never tested it on the stock set up. See my signature line for details.

Kinda off the topic but kinda on it....why the hell is the 2003+ ARB Sahara bar so (%^(^#&^% expensive?

Back to the topic :D

Great looking truck BTW...

You get what you pay for.

Guys,
I spent some quality phone time with CruiserDan and he gave me a surprising education. He remarked that the fender flares around the wheel wells are NOT an OEM part for the LC100's?

Maybe I am tired or hungover, but now I am confused since most (if not all) LC100's have those? Is my constant abuse of drugs in college starting to haunt me?

Someone talk me off the edge here ;-0

Thanks. I love my LC100. I wish I could shoot the jackarse who hit it when parked. He ran from the scene but there was a wonderfully ethical snow plow driver who saw the whole thing, and wrote the tag number, car type, driver description down and left a note on my windshield. I am sending him a big reward.

There are always exceptions, but in my experience the CDOT plow guys are awesome. They are great eyes for us since they are very aware of whats going on around them (which makes sense when driving a 5 ton plow rig...), and if we are working an accident and they are passing by before fire shows up, they will drop what they are doing to block traffic off for us, usually without being asked.

As for the fender flares, CDan would know better than I, but I was under the impression that the flares were a special add-on package done by certain dealerships in certain areas...but I always thought they were an OEM Toyota product. Wierd.

If the hit-and-run guy is paying I'd find the best body shop in the state and have them do all the work on his dime.

The fender flares were a port install item and most of the 100s across the Southeast got them.

If the hit-and-run guy is paying I'd find the best body shop in the state and have them do all the work on his dime.

The fender flares were a port install item and most of the 100s across the Southeast got them.

You mean have a good body shop fix them, or have the body shop search for a replacement?

I agree with the later.

Does anyone know the brand or where to start the search? Is a Toy dealer going to remember this type of stuff?

Does anyone know who makes or sells these things?

You mean have a good body shop fix them, or have the body shop search for a replacement?

Have them do an estimate. I'm sure they know where to source the parts. They should do the leg work, order the parts, install and bill accordingly. And as with any body work it should finish with an exterior detail. ;)

Yeah, the flares were a dealer add on for that region. My truck was originally bought in FL as well. Soberman, let me know if your body shop cant find replacements. Mine are in great shape but I want to take them off. Hopefully if there isn't too much paint damage/color difference I am going to leave them off and could sell you mine if you get stuck. Just gotta save up a little money for the body shop to help me get the glue off and touch up the little marks on the body molding.

Yeah, the flares were a dealer add on for that region. My truck was originally bought in FL as well. Soberman, let me know if your body shop cant find replacements. Mine are in great shape but I want to take them off. Hopefully if there isn't too much paint damage/color difference I am going to leave them off and could sell you mine if you get stuck. Just gotta save up a little money for the body shop to help me get the glue off and touch up the little marks on the body molding.

Calixto,
Are your body panels and fender flaires the same color as mine? Got a pic?

You should be able to get the rub marks from the fender flaires off yourself with some rubbing compound, polish, then wax. I wouldn't pay someone to do it. Same with the tape, and some of the guys here can tell you how to do it. I had some of the fasteners on my passenger side flaire break and when I re-installed some, I buffed out the marks without issue. $3.00 of stuff including the single beer it took me.

Let me know which pieces you have in what color/condition and we can chat!! My truck's paint is in really good condition as (was) the flaires. So if yours are equal or can be buffed back to 95%, then I can arrange come cash your way.

Cheers!!
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom