Fellow FJ62 owner from Australia! **PICS** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow FJ62 owner from Australia! MOPAR V8!!!

Hi all!

I only recently descovered this forum and by the looks of it, mainly Toyota based, so suits me just fine!
My names Daniel and i live in Melbourne, Australia. I love the outdoors and anything to do with 4x4, camping, biking, boating, you name it!
I purchased a nice example of an FJ62RG, 3F dual fuel, 5spd, vynil interior, barn doors. She came with 31x10.5x15 desert dueller all terrains on 15x8 sunnies, Kaymar swing away spare wheel carrier, steel roof rack, bullbar with hella spotties.
It drives really well and doesnt miss a beat. The bug bit and i had to go bigger and badder. Started with fitting a big sound/entertainment system with amps and subs to make the long trips even more enjoyable. Then i got a K&N air filter to replace the standard one. Then i got a EFS 3" suspension lift kit, and a set of 35x12.5x15 ProComp mud terrains. After that went on a safari snorkel which i bought second hand for a bargain. Then i got given an ARB bar.
I drove her like this for a year and got fed up with the lack of power from the old 3F, so, being a Mopar man there was only one viable solution.... small block V8. And this is where we are!

Removed wheel carrier and roof rack. Before 3" lift.

After 3" lift.

35's.

The engine all built ready to go in.

Removal of the 3F.

My brand new roofrack, my oztent fits beautifully in it. It will also hold my spare wheel and hi-lift jack and shovel.

So thats more or less me and my rig!
Hope its interesting enough and look forward to be a helpful member of this awesome site!

Daniel

Last edited:
awesome rig mate

Nice, alot of work so far. Hows that engine working out? Keeping it cool? MIke

what transmission and transfer case do you plan to use with the V-8?

Hi all!

Thanks for the comments. Yeah the engine and gearbox are both bolted together and getting it lined up and fitted as we speak. There is a company down here who do the adaptor bellhousing which makes it all nice and easy.
The cruiser had a 4 core radiator in it already, plus a good condition clutch fan and brand new water pump and thermostat, i should have no worry in the world kepping it nice and cool.
Its the H55F gearbox, and from what i gather should handle the power ok, i got a friend with a 302 Cleveland in it, basically identical spec and he gives it a real hard time and pulls up fine, others have told me its gonna be toast so we'll just wait and see, still running standard transfer case with plans to upgrade the gearing 8% reduction in high range and 50% in low range thanks to Marks Gearmaster reduction gears. Im expecting around the 300hp mark.

More updates as things roll on.

Daniel

Hi all,

Well as promised an update with the engine swap, new mounts are finished and all welded up with the gearbox moved forward 70mm.

They ended up making me a fully encapsulated style engine mount out of patrol radius arm bushes, which they guarantee me im never gonna break an engine mount, and even if i do, due to the design it will hardly cause any harm.
His work is top notch and i can sleep easy knowing i have solid gear in my truck.

Stay tuned for next few steps as exhaust and goodies go on.

Daniel

Can't wait to see it completed. Nice rig and welcome to the madness!

Who'd have thought a Nissan would be good for something :)

Something other then ram raids on ATM's and smoke machines that is :D

LOL, you from Goodna/Inala/Redfern or something?? :D I've seen your user name on this site a few times now, but I only just noticed that an "m" was missing - love your work!!:lol:

Hi all,

Well as promised an update with the engine swap, new mounts are finished and all welded up with the gearbox moved forward 70mm.

They ended up making me a fully encapsulated style engine mount out of patrol radius arm bushes, which they guarantee me im never gonna break an engine mount, and even if i do, due to the design it will hardly cause any harm.
His work is top notch and i can sleep easy knowing i have solid gear in my truck.

Stay tuned for next few steps as exhaust and goodies go on.

Daniel

Daniel, welcome!

Please sell me your 3F carb hat!!!:D

Lol gladly, if you wanna pay for postage from Aus.

Daniel

I have no problem paying postage from Oz Daniel.
I want to have a clean underhood and a 3F carb hat to a diesel fender air cleaner is what i'm shooting for. All i need is the hat itself that bolts on carb, not the air cleaner .
Shoot me an email at blue87fj60@gmail.com if you want to sell it. Providing it is not all smashed or chopped up.;)

Very nice 62. Please tell me more about the lift.

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

The lift is a 3" kit by a brand called EFS, which i think is combined shackles and springs. Unfortunately the only thing good about the lift is the price (AUD$2100 installed) and the warranty (3yr i think), seems as though the way they acheived the lift is by making the springs super rigid, the shackle angles are horrible. Its good for load carrying but forget about ride quality or articulation, it feels like your spine is directly connected to the diffs.

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom