Fellow 2000 and newer LC owners, I need your help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally diagnosed what causes the VSC off, VSC, ABS and brake lights to come on. It turns out that everytime I tap the brake pedal really fast it would send a vibration to the ABS, TRAC and VSC computer located to the left of the brake pedal and therefore setting off the lights. Can anyone with a 2000 or newer LC check something out for me, tap on the ABS computer lightly with a screwdriver handle and see if VSC off, ABS, or the brakes light come on. Thanks for your time.

Why would you tap the brakes? I can understand if you didn't have ABS, but . . .

The problem started happening recently and I couldnt diagnose why. Then stuck in traffic, I tapped the brakes a few times and the lights came on. I thought it was the brake light sensor but after removing the connecting and testing it, there were nothing wrong with it. I then started to tap around the brake pedal area and finally found the source to be the ABS CPU. The light would come on whenever I tap on the CPU box.

Check mounting of ecu. Unplug all connecters on ecu, spray clean contacts and replace and ensure connectors are mating and locked in correctly. See if this helps.

Check mounting of ecu. Unplug all connecters on ecu, spray clean contacts and replace and ensure connectors are mating and locked in correctly. See if this helps.

I tried jiggling the connectors and it does not set of the lights. It is set off by taps to the ecu. Can anyone just tap their abs ecu box and see if it sets off the lights.

I tapped it, got some weird looks from my wife but oh yeah, I was all over that!!

:clap: jk

Sounds a bit what I had; turned out to be a bad wire so they replaced the whole engine harness.. In your case, could be that or bad connection on a circuitboard...

I tried jiggling the connectors and it does not set of the lights. It is set off by taps to the ecu. Can anyone just tap their abs ecu box and see if it sets off the lights.

I tapped it, got some weird looks from my wife but oh yeah, I was all over that!!

:clap: jk

Sounds a bit what I had; turned out to be a bad wire so they replaced the whole engine harness.. In your case, could be that or bad connection on a circuitboard...

Hey Kanaljen, when you tap the box, did the light light up? I dont think it is the wiring harness problem. I am leaning more towards the abs cpu. Anyone live in Central jersey and wanna help me out...:grinpimp:

It actually doesn't sound strange to me. I would expect that when you pump the brakes you are overriding the ABS and there should be a light on the dashboard to tell you it is not working.

Pumping the brakes won't defeat the ABS system, it'll work no matter what you do. Well, short of bypassing it.

Hmmmm, maybe I got one of those special edition LC where you can bypass the VSC and ABS just by depressing the brake pedal fast..:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom