For Sale FEELER: Salt Lake City: 2004 Lexus LX470, Mostly Built. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a total feeler as I have no idea what I want/need, I'm all over the place. From desperately missing having a truck bed to the Cruiser barely fitting in my garage (misses it by 1/2 inch and I still don't have a rack that is needed) to the looming baby addition to our family to the want for something smaller to fuel costs kicking my butt to my overactive brain, I keep considering selling the Cruiser. I've just dumped a ton into it in the last year (over $15k plus maintenance) that it would be difficult to let go on that basis but would consider it at the right price. Check out my thread for details and pictures:

I haven't even taken it off-road due to the crazy busy schedule this year and dealing with some personal/work stresses that have not allowed me to get out as much as I'd like. I'd be open to reasonable offers, PM me if you are serious. No, I won't take $18k for it.

The truck is in excellent shape both in and out. No rust issues and it drives great. I'm about 138k miles on it now and the only bad would be that it will need new CV boots soon and needs an alignment to straighten the steering wheel. I do have some stock components including bumpers, side steps, factory spare, factory battery, 3rd row seats, and a few other odd items. Check out the thread and PM if you're interested in talking.

You better just keep it. Not sure you are going to get that money back out of it. But I could be wrong.

You better just keep it. Not sure you are going to get that money back out of it. But I could be wrong.
Yes, obviously. The only reference to price was that I wouldn’t let it go for what a good condition stock truck would go for. You can certainly find stock 100 series for low teens but good condition or lower mileage stock trucks are going from high teens into the low 20’s. I have watched several built trucks from when I was looking to buy and even after go for well into the 20’s and even into the 30’s for really built out vehicles. The fact is that if you wanted a truck in this condition, built similarly, you’ll be into the 30’s. Hell, when I sold my built Tacoma it was 10 years old with 100k miles and it was sold for $3k less than what it sold for new 10 years previously. Some people prefer to buy set up rather than going through the hassle of building.

Yes, obviously. The only reference to price was that I wouldn’t let it go for what a good condition stock truck would go for. You can certainly find stock 100 series for low teens but good condition or lower mileage stock trucks are going from high teens into the low 20’s. I have watched several built trucks from when I was looking to buy and even after go for well into the 20’s and even into the 30’s for really built out vehicles. The fact is that if you wanted a truck in this condition, built similarly, you’ll be into the 30’s. Hell, when I sold my built Tacoma it was 10 years old with 100k miles and it was sold for $3k less than what it sold for new 10 years previously. Some people prefer to buy set up rather than going through the hassle of building.

Only on here are good condition stock trucks asking prices high teens. Again, asking price being the key, selling price is the reality. Outside of the forums and Facebook groups you can get good condition trucks for 10-12k. I just bought an 04 LX with 175k for 10k. 9/10 on condition and full history at Lexus dealer.

Now for the add ons, I was always told accessories don’t always add to the price, unless you find a buyer that wants exactly the same.

My point is if you’ve spent a lot to get it where you want, you aught to keep it. The reality is you won’t likely get what you have put in it, so why take that loss unless you just have to?

Good looking truck, best of luck either way.

While you have done a lot of stuff to the truck, that really is sunk cost. Not that you couldn't get north of $18k for it to the right buyer but really that is finding the buyer that really enjoys the truck as-is as well as all the things you have done to the truck.

I completely agree with @WeBeCinYa in that you have obviously spent lots of time and effort (and money) getting the truck to your perfect visual/perspective. Keep it, sell something else you have and be done with it. Maybe change a few things to make it a bit more family/dd friendly. But just keep it.

Thank you for the opinions but this is a FS thread, not a discussion thread. If anyone has questions about the truck I'd be happy to answer those as this would be the place to do so. As stated, this is a feeler to see if there would be interest and at what price. If you're not interested in the truck, please move along.

Actually, you aren't following the rules of the for sale section because you don't have a price listed. As a "feeler" thread, you are inviting commentary, in addition to a mod shut-down. I'm actually looking for a built rig, and might be interested, but this isn't an auction site. Figure out what you want for it, and let us know.
EDIT: That came off as a bit harsh, not my intent. But, if you post an ad asking for opinions, you're going to get them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom