SOLD For Sale: 1997 FZJ80, Factory Lockers, 228K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my 80 series. It's been a great vehicle, literally the best I have ever owned! I'm looking to move into a 100 series so the 80 must go to a new home. I bought the truck in 2007 from Kuni Lexus in denver with 118k on it. It currently has 225k. The truck is located in Colorado. I have done all preventive and scheduled maintenance myself and have all records in a spreadsheet since my ownership. Any work that I didn't do, I had done by Slee Off Road in Golden, CO. I have no records prior to my ownership.

The basics are as follows:
-228k miles. This will go up as it is currently my daily driver.
-factory front and rear lockers with added CDL switch/7pin mod. All lockers work as they should
-OME medium 2.5" lift
-New Cooper Discoverer ATP 285/75/16 tires. At the same time, I replaced the drag link and tie rod ends
-Custom rear bumper(Houston Fabrications) with spare tire swing out.
-Slee headlight wiring harness upgrade
-George's LED dome lights
-Generic rubber mats in the front, Husky mat in the cargo area
-Aftermarket 3D printed 80 series cup holders, 1 in front, 2 in rear. Possibly the best mod I've done to the truck.
-Pioneer head unit with bluetooth, CD player and 2x USB ports
-JVC aftermarket speaker upgrade in front and rear. Complete factory speaker/amp delete
-All maintenance items are up to date, fluids, wheel bearings, front axle service, etc...
-Front axle service done 40k ago. In addition to all seals, both birfield joints, drive flanges, wheel bearings, ugraded spindles, trunion bearings and right front axle were replaced as well.
-Front and rear differential breather lines have been rerouted into the engine compartment
-U-joints replaced at ~150k
-Exhaust work done to replace the Y pipe and front catalytic converter, muffler and tail pipe/resonator and all hangers
-PM work done includes: PHH and FHH, starter contacts, all coolant hoses in engine compartment, heater valve, thermostat, blue fan clutch, new fusable links, cleaned fuel pump relay contacts, etc.
-I have a platform that I built for camping in the back of the truck that will be included in the sale.

The weak areas of the truck are the body and drivers seat. The truck hasn't seen any damage from accidents but the body presents as a vehicle that has seen winter use in Colorado. There is typical sand blasting on the front of the truck. There is some minor rust at the bottom of the drivers door at the crimp on the inside and surface rust in some of the rock nicks. The powder coat on the rear bumper is showing some rust underneath on the sides. The wheels are pitted. One of the center caps recently decided go it's own way. The leather on the front seats is pretty stiff. The stitching on the seat of the drivers seat has started to come apart. The rear and 3rd row seats are perfect.

That's about all I can think of. If anyone is interested, I am happy talk more and send the spreadsheet with the maintenace history since my ownership.

I'm asking $9000, which I think is appropriate for the truck but will listen to any appropriate offer. Here are some pix of the truck in it's natural habitat...

k7H4650.jpg

xWgPwQ5.jpg

6TZdFaK.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Any chance we could get more and closer up photos?

Nice looking truck. I am back in CO on Dec 10 and would love to take a look if it’s still available. Also curious to see pics of the problem areas. In the mean time, GLWS!

Nice looking truck. I am back in CO on Dec 10 and would love to take a look if it’s still available. Also curious to see pics of the problem areas. In the mean time, GLWS!
Hi!

Sounds good. I’m away right now but I can text you some pix of you like. Send me your number if so. Otherwise, I can message them when I get back in a couple of days.

Thanks,
Dace

nice ride.. if its available first of the year I'm interested.

Here are some pix of the under carriage and body. I sprayed it off but it needs another shot to get the rest of the dirt off. I plan on having it detailed in the very near future as I'm too busy at work to do it myself right now. I've added some interior pix and a shot of the windshield area where some rust spots are.

doYT7OH.jpg

vUOEGOM.jpg

D8tnfCh.jpg

t8056TB.jpg

PRw6Ty5.jpg

UXRz51P.jpg

pfEzyCN.jpg

iexDkHt.jpg

4nqSHws.jpg

BOs5L4K.jpg

6z7Qk2x.jpg

tKGwnsi.jpg

TsxwCmD.jpg

6HrK71n.jpg

9YF8DjH.jpg

hsBNtp4.jpg

mZe8KHN.jpg

KPVNK92.jpg

OeQRPlF.jpg

Last edited:
And the interior pix...
c11N6H8.jpg

GKytujk.jpg

hpze15t.jpg

X8LEQEw.jpg

MY66tUO.jpg

8sgjDgR.jpg

v1KswmJ.jpg

iOX2y5V.jpg

IUYhSPq.jpg

bKRi2Lq.jpg

L3HO7Tk.jpg

RvNYvX0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm shocked this hasn't sold yet!

I would jump on it but right now I'm a few thousand short.

Good luck with the sale!

I'm shocked this hasn't sold yet!

I would jump on it but right now I'm a few thousand short.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks! There's interest for sure. We'll see how it goes.

Similar truck on eBay right now bidded up to $19,500. Has less miles but a rusty bottom. I’d gladly take higher miles over the rust (not in the market, or I’d be on it myself). In short, at $9k, your truck is a steal - I think $14-$15k would be more like it.

Similar truck on eBay right now bidded up to $19,500. Has less miles but a rusty bottom. I’d gladly take higher miles over the rust (not in the market, or I’d be on it myself). In short, at $9k, your truck is a steal - I think $14-$15k would be more like it.

Thanks!

Also has the head gasket been done?

Hi,

The head gasket has not been done to my knowledge. It couldv'e been done before I bought it, but I doubt it.

YGM back, BTW.

bump

Hell of a good deal. good luck with the sale and hope you get full asking price - well worth it.
Just the Huston rear bumper is $2000 alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom