For Sale Feeler Kinda on 70 Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delancy

SILVER Star
Threads
Going to wind up with two sets of 70 Series axles.

The first pair will be diff-less and located in the Ohio area. They're rickd's take offs and he claimed to be in excellent condition when he sold to the gentleman I purchased from, still strapped to the pallet as he received.

No diffs or wheels. Thinking $2k.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Currently RHD, but swappable without much ado.

A buddy is picking these up and shipping diffs to me, so I can't offer shipping assistance that's not charged.

Second set will be in OK. They'll include the 4.56 LSD and front differentials. Not rusty, but front seeps at the diff, so would think a rebuild prudent, and parts are all 80 series for that endeavor.

Thinking $1,600.00 on that set, and it'll be two months before available.

Could ship through Fastenal to most of the US for $250.

Why is this a feeler?

I have no clue what they're worth, plus I don't have them sitting on the proverbial shelf, ready to ship.

Either are good options for the FF rear and e brake, for those considering split cases.

Still have a 34mm early split case in Boulder I can't sell for less than scrap, that might be negotiated into any of the above.

Any assistance on valuation or offers?

I am trying to remember the value of the 70 series housings - they fit 40/55 mounts but are wider? And the front uses 60 series TREs? FF rear + park brake out at the wheels is cool.

I am trying to follow your pricing; 1st set has no diffs, will require switch to LHD and will cost $2k, but the 2nd set includes at least 1 diff (not sure if the 4.56 LSD is front, or rear), and will cost $1600. Not sure if 2nd set is RHD or LHD? Not sure what you mean by "parts are all 80-series for that endeavor"?

TO me the 2nd set sounds like it has more, and costs less.

What is involved in swapping from RHD to LHD?

Not sure if this helps. I am in the middle of proofing a manual for a technical product, so my attention to detail is way up...

Same width as 40/55, disc, full float, rear e brake.

The first, diff-less pair are Rick D's old axles and are in ready to run condition, with Longfields.

Second set probably need gone through, as the front seeps at the diff, knuckles have accumulated spooge to a degree the studs aren't discernible.

Same 70 specs as above, but no Longs, but do include the 4.56 LSD. Having never seen an LSD front diff, going to say that it's the rear only, but speculation.

Dunno what any is worth. Know a full float 40 rear is about a grand, so on the first set, with the good condition and Longs, I picked a relative price point.

The second set, with 4.56s, in my mind, make the set worth a could of hundred more than just a FF 40 rear, the balance the disc brakes and other benefits of a later front axle.

As far as I know, RHD to LHD conversion is only swapping arms. All the same pattern, so not necessary to run the 70 arms, anyway.

Just so I’m clear.

You have a rear housing that is a full floater, same width as a 40/55, with disk brakes/E-brakes and has Longfield axles?

If this assumtion is correct I'm interested.

Sorry for confusion.

Rears are drum and, as far as I know, Longfield never made rear shafts.

Benefits to the rear, from a 40/55 perspective are full float with ebrake, about the extent, but to some poor idealistic idiot, intent on an OE split case ebrake, that's benefit enough....

Apologies for getting hopes up!!

Apologies for getting hopes up!!

I now have everything but ambition to build one and the thought of throwing cash at yours seemed appealing, I guess I’ll add build rear end back to my list. :hillbilly:

On a semi-related note is there a hand book or thesaurus so we non-Toyota geeks can follow along with your conversations?

why do you always liquidate when I'm broke?...or is it that I'm always broke?

On a semi-related note is there a hand book or thesaurus so we non-Toyota geeks can follow along with your conversations?

Appears the sentiment resounds.

Wtf bro
I really wish we wheeled together so I could see if you talk all confusing in real life. It's amazing

Mebbe a subconscious effort to disguise that I'm uneducated????

Mebbe implementation of an old self-deduced life principle, with these words to live by:

"If you can't beat 'em,
baffle 'em with bull$hit."

:)

Who'd ever have thunk Mud a think tank for amateur philosophers?

If you were a girl that may be more interesting...

True story.

Have always been known as, called "Delancy", to this day, I don't believe many know it's not a first name, the only time I hear my first, my mom or wife is pissed at me.

Saw a buddy from school, that I hadn't talked to in many years, back before kids, and think my then girlfriend, now wife, called me "Chris".

Buddy says

"No way. Hell, there were several of us that always thought "Christa Lancy" was some hot chick, we were always on the lookout for."

Hahahaha. Graduated with with well over a thousand, so not unlikely, I guess.

Figured if I ever wanted to cross dress, I could go by, to make it easy.

Now, that's a disturbing vision, even to me, considering 6' 1", 229lbs, and "troll-ish" best describes, so don't get any idears that I AM a cross dresser.

My wife only allowed me wear heels once, and it must've been a bad experience for her. Bahahahaha.

why do you always liquidate when I'm broke?...or is it that I'm always broke?

Don't worry. If history proves, I'll be bumping the classified thread a year from now, at 1/3 invested, and still no interest.

no one knows what it's all worth; everyone wants sbcs and 4ds; posers. still waiting for that profit sharing check...but it'll take a few of those before I'm not breathing thru my eyeballs...would if I could and at original asking too; know it'll go to a fawkin grrrrreat cause. fingers crossed for evryone...have you thought about offering in europe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom