Feeler for 72 pig part out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sweating in the rainforest or Winters, CA
About to buy my friend's 72 pig. 2F needs some work. DUI HEI, original carb, four speed/three speed case conversion, long range tank from Man a Fre, nice roof rack, LOTS of extra parts, steel wheels, hub caps, set of doors,.... and all the original stuff inside. The body only has a little rust on the floor pans. Thinking of taking the lift kit off ( for me) and selling the rest. Any thoughts on what folks would want? I will get pictures in a week or so when I go down the hill and get it.

Last edited:
If it's in decent enough shape, I would reconsider parting it

Trust me

I would be interested in the glove box door, and possibly the brake booster if it's good. Let me know if you decide to part it because i'm sure I need some other things as well.

Thanks

cab

I would be interested in the cab, depending on the rust. Only on the floor is nice. None on the roof line? Looking foward to the pics

Thanks for the responses. I will definately be selling it somehow. Mamma says I only have room for one. Part out or whole will be determined. I hope to get it soon. This rig was a daily driver of my friend. He blew up the F, swapped out a used 2f, totally redid the entire suspension ( I am taking all of that, 4 inch lift springs, OME shocks, front and rear sway bars, internal roll cage and a few other parts) We did a 4 speed swap, put in a long range tank... finally drove it and the motor smokes. He gave up and parked it 5 years ago, in a garage. I will prolly start with a compression test, then go from there. Stay tuned.

If it's in decent enough shape, I would reconsider parting it

Trust me

Thanks. I see you already regret that move... I will take that into consideration.

:beer:

Has anyone asked about the long range tank? How is the weather stripping? ALL of it. If not I can take them off your hands.

OK. I am trying to get down there this weekend and haul her back up to Tahoe. I'll be getting back on here with info.

I figured there'd be lots of interest.

Long range tank was brand new and never run but around the block. Weather stipping may be typical original for a 72.

I realize I can't say too much more without getting photos and bringing her back for a once over. :bounce:

No... sorry. Standard issue 4:11's with drums.

Picking her up this Sunday. Will get back with the story after that.
:cheers:

OK What should I do with this thing? I am swapping out the brand new 4inch lift springs, shackels, OME shocks ... drag link, front bumper ( not shown) and front sway bar.

(Sorry bad second photo...)

Things I don't think I want:
four speed tranny mated to three speed TC
long range tank
16 inch steel wheels with good 245/75/16s
four extra doors ( no drivers)
several sets of hub caps
extra rear gate, no rubber, good glass
all new tie rod ends :rolleyes:
entire intake/exhaust/carb from 75 ish with smog crap
brand new DUI
Also has a set of 9 inch wide stock steel wheels that fit the stock hub caps
The entire rear end is FULL of parts. I will see what else I got tonight.
Cant figure out if I should part it out or just bunch up all the stuff I don't want and sell it....

More to come. PM me if you want to talk about something.

Also phone at 530-308-0574 Stew

Since this is a for sale ad... the whole package is for sale with stock suspention for $1500 for now... since I gotta put in a price.

I need this thing gone within two months. Momma says so. ;)
0606110605a.jpg
0606110605b.jpg

dash pad.. shot
windshield... cracked... :mad:

roof rack... available. I will get a photo of it in the next day or so. Sorry, I just got it home, it flippin snowed, then I had to go to work.

The roof rack has three point of attachement on each side. It is steel framing with wood slats. The wood is shot, so it is best to put in expanded steel or new wood. I'd take 150 for it, but how to deliver?? Let me get a better photo. The tank is on top of the rack.

Sal

Roof Rack pics.

Also have 2 extra rear heaters $30 each
Two extra intake/Exhaust manifolds $50 for each set
One complete intake/exhaust plus carb with lots of smog stuff/pump and other smog parts... very heavy $100 Pictures upon request

Big tank on top is the long range tank (50 gallon). bolts to the frame. includes vent hoses. $500

One brand new in box fuel pump for F or 2F motor $25

Having trouble with pictures. I will send photos to anyone who asks on my PM.

This rig is complete with running 2F motor and four speed/three speed TC conversion. The whole thing is for sale ( see above). If you want a ton of parts and a good foundation to start a restoration... give me a call. I need to get some money flowing and will continue to sell extra parts. Need something? just ask.

Cheers!
0606112030a.jpg
0606112031d.jpg

Need driver door star mech and mating latch. Pm sent.

I spy and am very interested in the Cannondale bike rack you have on the roof rack. I'll buy that separately if you'll part with it. This is great for an open bed pickup.

Steven

Dear Eagle Eye.... you got it. PM me or email me at mcmorrow@ntfire.net. I'll make it reasonable given the cost of shipping.

By the way, To all others who are looking at this.... this thread should be considered dead given that I am now trying to just sell the whole thing. I will see what happens and then consider the part out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom