Wanted Feedback - Considering pulling the trigger on this LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX570

Hi folks - new to the forum and currently shopping for a rig. I'm considering buying the LX570 in the link above. I'm in Austin, TX and thinking about flying out to Little Rock and driving this home and also buying virtually and having delivered. Would love any feedback / input / considerations / suggested questions you guys have... Thanks!

How does the maintenance records look on the Lexus Owners site?

Seems like a good deal with the miles it has. I would put a deposit down before sharing with a group of strangers that are actively looking for the same thing(including myself.) I'm not bashing members, but this forum has a far reach and people can view these threads without being a member.

Also, I can help with shipping if needed. Website is in my signature.

I love mine, get under carriage pics and make sure things like 4LO and the center diff lock engages, good chance those buttons have never been touched

Lexus Owners site
Looks pretty good between carfax and Lexus service site from what I can tell but I really don't know what red flags to look for other than very obvious repetitive issues or service and maint not being done. I've read that timing belts are typically done around 90K or 100K and I don't see those on the records.. The dealer has added new tires, brakes, rotors, shocks, done alignment oil and radiator fluid change.. I've asked for documentation and waiting to hear back..

I can't speak to the 200's watch outs with much resolution, but the 3UR runs a timing chain, so that's not really a can o' worms to watch for. There's gonna be a heap of info in the 200 tech section.

Good point, my radiator failed around 120k and its a common failure point

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I am selling a much better condition white/tan 2 owner, non-smoker, 99k mile, zero rust, bone stock, fully Lexus serviced 2009 LX570 here in Houston. Literally never been offroad, total mall crawler. It has been serviced at the same dealer since day one and we bought it in pristine condition at 81k miles. I knew in 1 minute from first seeing it that I was going to buy it. It's not without some stone chips, minor curbing, and a scratch, but I will give total transparency if you're interested - I have facetimed other mud folks and it works well.

Title in hand. I was also pricing it at $26,500 but I'm starting to think this is cheap for such an honest southern car... I have not advertised yet but a couple of Mud members are interested as I PM'd their wanted ads. I am leaving the country back to Australia in two weeks so money talks.

Others are interested and I will honor their 'place in the queue' so to speak. I have also PM'd you.

Regards
Ash

I called the dealership on this vehicle early on, before pics came up. I decided to pass purely due to my interest in 2013 or newer. At the time I talked to them, they did say it was at the Lexus dealership getting it's height control repaired. I don't know if that's showing up on the Lexus service history or if that's relevant to you, but just wanted to share this bit of info.

Hi folks - new to the forum and currently shopping for a rig. I'm considering buying the LX570 in the link above. I'm in Austin, TX and thinking about flying out to Little Rock and driving this home and also buying virtually and having delivered. Would love any feedback / input / considerations / suggested questions you guys have... Thanks!
Just got back from driving 10 hours round trip to see this! AVOID! She isnt completely clapped out but, hail damage, 4x4 crawl no workie, terrible repaint on hood, broken arm rest, rode worse than my 08 tahoe, missing left camera, waffled body. I hadnt seen this thread till now, they will take 25k, but i think you will have probs! Beware.

I called the dealership on this vehicle early on, before pics came up. I decided to pass purely due to my interest in 2013 or newer. At the time I talked to them, they did say it was at the Lexus dealership getting it's height control repaired. I don't know if that's showing up on the Lexus service history or if that's relevant to you, but just wanted to share this bit of info.
The replaced the coils, my lx450 rode better than this.

Looks pretty good between carfax and Lexus service site from what I can tell but I really don't know what red flags to look for other than very obvious repetitive issues or service and maint not being done. I've read that timing belts are typically done around 90K or 100K and I don't see those on the records.. The dealer has added new tires, brakes, rotors, shocks, done alignment oil and radiator fluid change.. I've asked for documentation and waiting to hear back..
Did you happen to get any docs from the dealer on what they did? I ended up purchasing this one. Should have asked myself, but I have a pretty low expectation of getting any real/useful info from a car salesman, so didn't ask before I purchased. I just went in assuming if I couldn't see that it was new, that it wasn't. I'd like to see what their claims are, I hope they didn't replace the "shocks" or if they did, that they didn't just throw some monroes on there or something. My guess is that they didn't actually do any of that. It doesn't feel like the suspension is way off to me, but the closest comparison I have is a first gen Tundra, so I don't really know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom