Feed Pump Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This isn't a Land Cruiser, but the injector pump appears to be similar to the one on the H diesel in my HJ45. This one is off of my IH 274 cultivator tractor (made by Komatsu in Japan). It's running a Nissan SD16. The feed pump is labeled "Kiki 05220-4950" I seem to be having a misfire along with a sever lose of power during times of heavy load/ high fuel use. It could also be a crack in the head pre comb. chamber, etc. as I believe these issues are associated with high engine temp, but I don't have a temp gauge to check this. It really seems like it is starving for fuel. If I leave it and come back the next day it starts and runs fine until under heavy load. Bleeding the injectors does not help.

This has happened to me a couple times and I've changed the fuel filter(current filter has <30 hours), but mostly this tractor is used for cultivation witch is a low engine speed, low engine load task. It's only after mowing for 5 hours yesterday after I begin driving straight up about as steep of grade as the tractor can climb. I have also been siphoning fuel out of a bus that hasn't moved in the past 8 years, but the most recent fuel I put in the tank camp from a gas station pump. I emptied the sediment bowl today and it was fairly clean. My HJ has been running the same siphoned fuel with no issues.

My questions are: Does this seem like fuel supply issues? Should I rebuild my feed pump and if so what is the part number for that kit?

I'm trying to attach some photos, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

sany0141.jpg

SANY0124_zps23d39666.jpg

So, Looks like there was a bunch of stuff inside that bolt, there was a wade of hair at the entrance of the bolt. It's soaking on gasoline now. I remember now that the H also has a strainer inside that bolt. When I took the H's out it was steel mesh and torn. I didn't think much of it then, but i guess that catches a lot of stuff.

Anyone know the part number on the strainer for the H diesel?

Check injector shops with Bosch/Diesel Kikki/ or Isuzu dealers as they have the same strainer.

So, Looks like there was a bunch of stuff inside that bolt, there was a wade of hair at the entrance of the bolt. It's soaking on gasoline now. I remember now that the H also has a strainer inside that bolt. When I took the H's out it was steel mesh and torn. I didn't think much of it then, but i guess that catches a lot of stuff.

Anyone know the part number on the strainer for the H diesel?
Hfuelstrainer.jpg

Part number is 22529-67010

It should be very rare for this strainer to catch anything because there should be decent fuel filter upstream of it and all work done downstream of that filter should always involve the utmost attention to cleanliness.

:beer:

Thank You for that part number.

There's a 'sediment bowl' underneath the fuel tank on the Nissan. I watched some sediment bounce around in the bowl when it was running and then get sucked down the line. The H also has nothing between the tank and the feed pump except that stainer. The fuel filter is after and before the injector pump. I was wondering if i should add an inline filter like my Mercedes had.

There is water trap on the left chassis rail about mid way between the tank and engine, but that won't stop any dirt.

.....It should be very rare for this strainer to catch anything because there should be decent fuel filter upstream of it ....

....The H also has nothing between the tank and the feed pump except that stainer. The fuel filter is after and before the injector pump. ...

You're quite right... Silly me... My BJ40 is exactly as you describe too so I was talking rubbish.... (Must have been tired..)

The fuel pump should cope with any debris that gets through the strainer so as long as the strainer is in good condition ..........and knowing you've got debris in your tank ... I think I'd just be cleaning it more regularly if it was me.

A little filter upstream is likely to become clogged too fast in my opinion.

Have you tried flushing your tank (undoing the drain plug)?

Cheers

its rare for a feed pump to be starving the fuel pump as it can pump up to 4x times more than the engine needs.
An old diesel can lose power when it gets hot .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom