February Swap meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jonathon and I were bs'ing yesterday (after he fixed the 4wd - Yeah Baby!!) and thought it would be a good idea to meet and do a swap meet type thing since so many of us have parts sitting in the garage. It was tried at a cleanup, but that might not be the best venue for this type of thing since you'd have to haul parts around while wheeling and cleaning.

How about meeting at someone's house during the day- check out everyone's parts- see who needs what and then start drinking and bbq'ing.

Maybe the end of Feb or March? We'll be in a new place then and could host it or if someone else wants to.

I (obviously) agree with this plan.
Starting off at someone's house with a sizable yard for the first couple of times. Then as the
event grows, as I predict it will, we could end up renting a facility in the future.
As to when, maybe 2x per year? Once in the hight f wheeling season, and another in the
hight of wrenching season. :)

Jonathon figured out that the missing vacuum line was a nut with a metal starter tube that was not on this engine. We took it off the old engine pieces- plugged the hose in and bam- 4wd.

The light still doesn't come on but it engages. While I was down there looking for the other end of the plug. I found.... Another piece that doesn't connect to anything.

That's like 4-5 things hanging down there not connected to anything. :doh:

that still seems odd that i couldnt get the diaphram to engage even with the vacuum pump directly on the line, must be something else in conjunction with it.

I have some crap for sale...... too heavy to lug to a swap meet though.

If anyone interested PM me.

1 complete front passenger drop Dana 60.
1 front passenger drop Dana60 bare housing.
1 1995 Chevy 350TBI (very clean 40k miles)
1 T19 transmission and advance adapters bellhousing to mate to chevy small block
1 Dana300 with 4to1 gears

tranny and tcase are in next to new condition.

Lars,
What is all included with the 350TBI. What are you asking and where are you located?
Mel

This is a kick arse idea. I've thought of hosting a BBQ coupled with a night run sometime during the summer. I could deffinately see the swap meet/BBQ thing working too. Once my back yard is done, late February sometime, I'd like to have everyone over for a BBQ anyway. This might be a good chance for some parts swappin too. Unfortunately I can't volunteer my place until the whole yard is a done deal. If someone else wants to step up in the interim that would be killer.

FeO2pig said:
Lars,
What is all included with the 350TBI. What are you asking and where are you located?
Mel

NW Phoenix. I'm asking $1200. It has everything on it...... all acessories(hi-output alt), factory wiring harness, computer. Ramshorn exhaust manifolds. All it needs is spark plug wires and then a fuel and power supply. I'll post a pic later tonight.

Stock harness is for an auto tranny.

I also have an aftermarket wiring harness and computer for the 350 TBI. I purchased this because I was going to use it with a manual tranny. Also have a brand new SPAL dual electric fan (best on the market). These arent part of the engine deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom