February ROTM 2015 - Redfield Canyon 2/27 - 3/1/2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool, count me in too then! Any state land permits needed on this drive?
I'm camping tonight and most likely Sunday night on State Trust Land, but I don't know if Wilma's cabin is on trust land.

Are you only camping on Saturday or did you want to camp tonight as well?

I'm camping tonight and most likely Sunday night on State Trust Land, but I don't know if Wilma's cabin is on trust land.

Are you only camping on Saturday or did you want to camp tonight as well?
Just tomorrow night. I still have out of state plates so maybe I could just play stupid, not sure if I have time to get a permit before.

I called the state and I would need a permit if we are camping on state trust land, I wouldn't need one to just drive through. I don't have time to get one so I may have to sit this one out. :(

Last edited:
Just tomorrow night. I still have out of state plates so maybe I could just play stupid, not sure if I have time to get a permit before.

I called the state and I would need a permit if we are camping on state trust land, I wouldn't need one to just drive through. I don't have time to get one so I may have to sit this one out. :(
Find out from Wilma if you need a permit for camping at the cabin area before you decide to stay home.

State Trust, BLM, & USFS land is mixed up quite thoroughly in Arizona. I'm camping on trust land tonight & Sunday because it is closer to home, but by driving a few more miles I could be safely on forest land - no permit required.

Leaving for the desert right now - will be off-grid in 30 minutes or less!

See y'all tomorrow morning on Redington road.

I'll be monitoring 146.460 and channel 4.

It is on state trust land and we'll likely camp on it, just looked it up on their site. I'm sorry I didn't think of this sooner.
I think I will just sit this one out. I don't want to cause any trouble, or get in any. Next time though! :cool:

Late breaking news, "the man" is forcing Saddletramp to work this weekend. I got home to Phoenix and have a leaking RO system under the sink and a new set of tasks for meetings next week. Sorry to wimp out like this, I really need the down time.

Have a great run everyone.

Late breaking news, "the man" is forcing Saddletramp to work this weekend. I got home to Phoenix and have a leaking RO system under the sink and a new set of tasks for meetings next week. Sorry to wimp out like this, I really need the down time.

Have a great run everyone.
We will miss you but will take pictures

So does this mean I cannot do this run?

The holder of an Arizona State Land Department (ASLD) Recreation Permit (Permittee) shall respect the land, the rights and improvements of other authorized users, and exercise appropriate discretion to protect native plants, cultural and historic sites and the environment. Permittee shall stay on existing and designated roads and trails. Permittee shall comply with all Federal, State, County, and Municipal laws and ordinances, while on State Trust Land. You must have this permit with you when on State Trust land.

So basically no, i cant make this run until I print out the application and send it in with payment. Is there a way to do it online, not snail mail?

DYdUlXN.jpg

Down load the form, write the check and take pictures of the completed form, check and stamped envelope. Carry it with you until the returned permit arrives. No guarantee it will get you out of hot water but it may show propper intent.

Given what happened with LongDuck, I probably wouldn't tempt the long arm of the law.

Yeah, i decided not to go after reading that thread.

image.jpg

It was a good time, wild flowers starting to bloom and good weather. Next time I will make sure to post up permits required, sorry to those that planned to go but could not because of lack of information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom