February ROTM 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Don for a great trip! We met alot of new folks and had a large contingent of FJCruisers. Great day ~

After the run, LCPhil, Stepmurr, and myself stayed to camp overnight. Here are some pictures>

Motleyone and his father-in-law unfuled the wrapped up flag at the cabin.

Sam the wonder dog asking for someone "just to throw it one more time" ;)

Shots of San Tan Canyon

Lat picture: On the way back down 288 we found the road blocked by two large wreckers and a police cruiser. The road here has a steep drop off and was about 300 feet to the bottom at a steep angle.

We went over and talked to the officer who had the job of hiking down to the bottom to see if there were any people in this annhililated Honda CRV. Luckily, there was no one in it. Turned out it was reported stolen and pushed off the cliff.

I wonder if someone had Gap insurance coverage and didnt want to make payments on thier new car anymore? :hmm:

FLAG.jpg

sam1.jpg

san tan canyon.jpg

0222141731a.jpg

wreck.jpg

WOW. Great pics. Those canyon pics are amazing. What a view!

Thanks Don for putting this on. Love the area and nice to meet some new wheelers.
Running without a CB and the lack of noise makes for a much nicer day in the end.
Camping on the point proved to be a great site. Murf and Steepmurr always provide a fun and entertaining time without the need for Mazola.

Guys: here is a pic of the "pueblo" ruins in the area we were at. If you remember the sign we stopped at, facing the same direction as reading the sign, these are the ruins straight across at the base of the far cliff.

ruins.jpg

Running without a CB and the lack of noise makes for a much nicer day in the end.
How did you guys communicate? Empty Tomato Soup Cans and string?:flipoff2:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice to meet all of you; I just signed up for a membership! :)

Thank you for all the awesome pictures, I barely take pics anymore because others are much better.

Does anyone have contact info for Nick? I'd like to see that video and get some pics from him.

Thank you Don for putting this run together, I think my wife finally calmed down...not too pissed off at me anymore being gone all day Saturday.

I talked to Nick tonight. He said the video didn't turn out very well.
he was going to try and clean it up, but not sure of it would be any good.

I want to see where LCP pulls a gun on it while its doing a slow fly-by :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom