February Marietta Mining town and fun places Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: Marietta Mining/Ghost town and Excelsior Mountians

Trail Leader: Mark and Dan(?)

Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2017-weather and snow levels permitting. Final destination is at 6900' and cutback road to get there is in shade and on the northern face.

Leave time: 10:00 am

Meeting Location: Safeway Parking lot in Hawthorne

Trail Difficulty 1 or 3 ( 3 if snow depth over 4 inches) Mostly just good ole Nevada back country roads with some ups and down swells and a few mild climbs. Ice and snow could shut this down; but worth a reschedule.

Additional Equipment needed: Extra food and water. Recovery equipment. Good walking shoes(we may be able to get within walking distance if final 1/2 mile of trail is snow and ice covered).

Duration of run: All day Saturday.

I thought maybe someone would want to know what other fun places would be on the run. Just didn't want Bass camp in the title so we can keep the final destination on the down low. Hope the weather will cooperate. This can be a fun day run.

What is bass camp? Im curious what that is

EDIT:

Upon further research the hidden topic out there looks to be very cool and i will do my best to be there

Last edited:
So far the weather has been cooperating. That area is still having a bit of a drought even with all the snow we have received. Still hoping for a few days of 50 degree or better weather that will melt the snow down there. Hopefully someone with GPS can come and confirm what little memory I have of trying to get there. Last time we went, some people camped and others went out a different way. There was one fun little rock fall that some of us decided to(or had to) bypass. We can talk more about this at the meeting on the 9th. Hope for sun and warmer weather.

No dice for me. Wife has plans for us for the V-Day weekend so we will be out of town. Will have to do the next run. Still working on getting my buddy into a 80 but he just hasn't found the "right one" yet.

Cmon! just get her some roses on the 14th and bring her on the trip:idea:. BeBe needs to get out and spread her/his wings.:steer:

Dont think ill be out there, trying to make a run home to replace a cracked high pressure powersteering hose that weekend

Well Ok guys, that's 3 out that I thought was going. The weather would have been fine. But will be better if we need to reschedule this to March. We will talk about it at the meeting. If you can't make the meeting please post up your preference. I'm in FL on the 25th. The 3rd and 4th are looking good for some camping, if anyone interested. Bonfire time!:smokin:

Lets take a poll. I can do either date. I would like to do see a day when most of us can do it. so everyone vote for the best date for themselves and we will pick the date that has the most votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom