February Llano/Mason Gravel Tour...Saturday 2/8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hosted this route last January and had a solid turnout. We had a few 100s, a 200, an 80 Maltech, a few 80s, a 60 and a couple 40s as well as a T100. The plan is the same: North Austinites can meet me in Liberty Hill and we'll roll on 29 to Llano....Central and South Austinites can meet us at the Stripes in Llano on 71 (south side of town). From there, we will run a 180 mile route over gravel and thru several water crossings. We will lunch in Mason at Coopers BBQ. For those wishing to do a half-day, they can return from there. For those wishing to make a day of it, we can continue on the northern loop of gravel back to Llano.

Saturday, February 8th is the date. Meet time at the Stripes in Llano would be 8:30am. Meet time at the Valero in Liberty Hill would be 7:30am Anyone interested feel free to DM me or text me......Gary (512) 800-1421.

@Austin Hot Shoe @bottombracket @marketShark @Cargo1234 @rscoleman @Aussiecruiser82 @Riwahe @Spallet @PearlLX470 @Beagle @pakiheart @fblainen11 @scwill @ATXnative @Ninja Cruiser100 @James Bentley @huboverland @SF1911A1 @DWDTOY

IMG_1339.JPG

LLANO19011 (60).jpg

LLANO19011 (22).jpg

LLANO19011 (52).jpg

LLANO19011 (66).jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE! Meet at 8:30am at the Stripes on the SOUTH side of Llano off 71. It's closer to the start of the route and has a MUCH larger parking area where we can congregate beforehand.

For those who don't want to caravan with me from the Liberty Hill Valero, but will be headed out 29 to Llano....you will take a left on Bessemer Ave (first traffic light in Llano), cross the river and continue thru town to the Hwy 71 intersection, take a left and the Stripes will be on your right.

Feel free to bring snacks if you wish. We will stop for lunch at Coopers in Mason and get some quality BBQ there. We will stop at various points along the route and will do the BIG water crossing at the James River before lunch. For those wanting to make the full day of it, we will roll out of Mason after lunch and do the northern loop which has more hills and a different look and feel to the gravel on the southern loop.

For anyone interested, please text me at (512) 800-1421 so I can get a headcount.

Last edited:
UPDATE! Meet at 8:30am at the Stripes on the SOUTH side of Llano off 71. It's closer to the start of the route and has a MUCH larger parking area where we can congregate beforehand.

For those who don't want to caravan with me from the Liberty Hill Valero, but will be headed out 29 to Llano....you will take a left on Bessemer Ave (first traffic light in Llano), cross the river and continue thru town to the Hwy 71 intersection, take a left and the Stripes will be on your right.

For anyone interested, please text me at (512) 800-1421 so I can get a headcount.

I'll check to see if I can make it out for this one!
How's your rig running? You get the all clear yet?

I'll check to see if I can make it out for this one!
How's your rig running? You get the all clear yet?

Seems to be running like a top. LCS here in town sure think it's fine. She's going under the knife later this week for a new radiator/hoses, rear upper/lower control arms and a TON of various bushings. Pressure tests have all come back positive and there's no oil in the coolant. Still waiting on the Blackstone report.

I was the T100 last year. Still have it got it painted since then. I am hoping I am free this weekend and this time I think I will take LC. It was very fun day and lot of very nice scenery.

I was the T100 last year. Still have it got it painted since then. I am hoping I am free this weekend and this time I think I will take LC. It was very fun day and lot of very nice scenery.

Would love to see you again! Just remember, it's next weekend (Feb 8). I'll be working on my rig all of this coming weekend :(

Just ran it this past weekend and we really enjoyed it. Water crossings are overall low, with some having none. Here's my 80 with the group consisting of 4R's and one Taco.

Yeah, the last few months have been particularly dry. When we did it last January, there were lots of water crossings. I'm out there every other weekend and it's been largely dry as summer. Surprisingly not as dusty as one would think given the lack of rain. The James River crossing makes it worth it though.

Yeah, the last few months have been particularly dry. When we did it last January, there were lots of water crossings. I'm out there every other weekend and it's been largely dry as summer. Surprisingly not as dusty as one would think given the lack of rain. The James River crossing makes it worth it though.

You're right, the dust wasn't terrible and the James River was a highlight..... Well me attempting to cross the Llano was the real highlight.

Wish I could make it, it's my boys' Pinewood Derby. Gotta go race tiny cars, no mud involved.

The fog was so insanely thick at the beginning of March we could only see about 50 yards out from the road in some places. Nuts!

That was a ton of fun last year. I should be able to make it

Really with we could. Saturday is a work day for me. Dang it! Have fun!

Any restrictions for a noob participating? New to me 80 series, lifted and locked. Live in Dripping Springs.

thank you!

No restrictions. Well, don't bring a Jeep :)

This should work for me (1/2 day); I would meet you at the stripes. I can double check with the boss at home to make sure.

If anyone going has the following three things to bring, please let me know:

1: equipment to tune a HAM radio
2: knowledge how to use said equipment
3: willingness to use knowledge and equipment to
get my radio up and going.

I ran all the wires when I did an interior restore and the radio has power, I just haven’t tuned it or used it yet. I am coming from Houston Friday night and staying in llano so I could swing by your house Friday night on my way or on a break Saturday is fine too, whatever works. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom