February 17-20 Overlanding adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
The plan is still being formulated but here is the general idea. Start our adventure on Friday the 17th in Mamouth AZ for a possible run over Rug Road. Camping in the area will allow some people to depart after work on Friday and it invites our club members from Southern AZ to join in the fun. Day two will either be running Rug Road from west to east to Klondike and camping in the Klondike area or if people are concerned about the road they can go around to Klondike and join up again from the east. Day three will have us running from Klondike south to Wilcox and then over to Cochise Stronghold and our last night of camping.

I plan to meet up with @Stepmurr to pre run Rug Road, based on the recent rain and wash out we may want the people with trailers to consider going around.

The idea with this trip was to overland versus a lot of four wheeling, for those of you who went on the Death Valley Days run last year this should be a similar format. By making the run in AZ we can allow members to join us for all or just parts of the run.

Still working on the exact plan but wanted to put this out there so people can start planning. @brices123 and I are also meeting to look at maps and routes to camping sites and will add the necessary details in due course. Hope to see you next month.

Taking names and planning for potluck.

Saddletramp
Brices123
Stepmurr
Ron
Abigail and Chase
Cleo and Jason
CJ
Alvis
Thomas LongDuck
Lorin, and maybe his parents (Matt and Linda)
Otter and family Saturday night only
Steve O

Maybe's :

Wilma and family possible day trip
Mattman. Not sure since engine failure

Who am I missing or maybe's

Steve

Last edited:
Count me IN!! Probably for all days. :steer:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I will be there... Most likely all 4 days. Worst case I will meet for camping Friday night. Alyssa will hopefully join. :)

Instead of camping around Klondike, I would suggest camping in Turkey Creek before it meets Aravaipa. Lots of good spots in there and you will pass right thru there anyway. There are also good spots to camp in upper Virgus Canyon, which you will pass thru shortly after Carpet Hill.
Splitshot and I have done numerous family outings thru there. It's been a couple years though so I can't speak for road conditions.

"for those of you who went on the Death Valley Days run last year this should be a similar format."
I hope we get the same wash board roads we had in Death Valley. That was so much fun! I think @Otter would really like that as well.

I agree with Alvin. Lots of good camping in the canyon.

@Stepmurr and I will be checking out the area, see what the road and campsites look like. I have Turkey Creek and Virgus Canyon on my watch list, thanks @MaddBaggins and @GeoRoss.

Looking forward to the journey, sights and campfire camaraderie.

@1Louder are you watching?

I think that I can make this work starting Friday AM. Are we planning a caravan out of PHX that Friday AM?

Friday caravan to our first camp, I haven't picked a location yet. Possibly Gold Canyon but depends.

Team Stabwell is tentatively in for a couple days. Maybe Friday through Sunday.

Looking forward to the report from the pre-run. Hopefully, a stock 100 won't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom