February 16- _Lake Pillsbury Mud and Snow Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday, February 16th- _Lake Pillsbury 8:45 am, Leave at 9:00am- Jim Adams is Lead. Watch Ih8mud for any changes

Post up if you plan on going. Should be a good run for Snow.

Watch here for updates.

I plan to come with my kids as long as the weather isn’t too nasty.

My son and I look forward to joining. We will either drive FJ40 or Tundra. See you there. Scott

I just called the Soda Creek Store at lake Pillsbury. The road up is open and the store will remain open all winter. I don't know how far we can get up the mountain but it should be fun trying. The main road up Hull Mt. is the only road open in the forest. Street tires should be fine lol. We'll see a few of you die hards up there.

I think I started this club run years ago when men were men and we all drove fj40's, I think that we had 25-28 fj40's and 1 or 2 mini trucks on that first run (nothing like breaking a pinion in the snow) and now it's down to just a few fj40's. Seems that I'm always working on costumers rigs so I still haven't completed the hardtop for my own cruiser. I won't be making it.
So you'all have fun, Don's a great leader, put Big Jim Adams in the lead to brake trail-

Big Jim has just tapped out. Compounding Mechanical Difficulties. I will be going along with a couple family members. We'll be in a Beautiful Freeborn Red FJ40, an ugly primer black tacoma of some kind and a newer jeep of unknown color. Family tradition can outlast club tradition I guess. I haven't been in the hills since Rubithon. We'll work it out. If we have 8 members, I have enough raffle tickets where I always win hahaha

Im not die hard enough lol! Sorry guys I had a change of plans and can’t make it. Y’all have fun and be safe.

Too bad for everyone who opted out! It was beautiful out there today with alternating sun and big flaky snow. The four of us met at the airstrip around 9am, with snow level we’ll below the 1900’ of the strip. We loaded up and headed up Hull Mountain, and got a ways up the main road before our first obstacle-a bramble of fallen trees blocking our way. Fortunately, we brought a saw and chaps, so with everybody lending a hand we cleared the road in short order. Maybe another 1/4 mile further on Don started sliding around the place in the Beautiful Freeborn Red 40, so Dave had to take over trail breaking duty with his bone stock FJ80 on street tires. We all got another few hundred feet further until the snow had acculated into 3’+ drifts, and had a Merry time digging ourselves out in order to get turned around and headed back from whence we came. So, we didn’t travel too far, but it was gorgeous and was a classic affair with shovels and straps and sketchy sliding action. I think we all had fun, and would do it again in a heartbeat! Better put it on your schedule for next year...

Big Jim has just tapped out. Compounding Mechanical Difficulties. I will be going along with a couple family members. We'll be in a Beautiful Freeborn Red FJ40, an ugly primer black tacoma of some kind and a newer jeep of unknown color. Family tradition can outlast club tradition I guess. I haven't been in the hills since Rubithon. We'll work it out. If we have 8 members, I have enough raffle tickets where I always win hahaha

Hey guys. I live in potter valley I have a fj60 with a blown head gasket when I get it running I plan on joining PMC. And hope to be there next year. I'm saving money to get it fixed at Mudrak.

I drove back up Sanhedron Trail with Emerson and his sister the next day to look for Emerson’s iPhone. It fell out of his pocket at the turn around spot on Saturday. We took a metal detector and searched, but no luck. The snow was still deep, but heavier and a little more slick. Good lesson for Emerson, but expensive.

M%w0xEFwTcyg46hqgbOsRA.jpg

mI8fjo2XS%WpPwbQAyo5SQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom