February 15-18 Presidents’ Day long weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
With the long weekend in February this next year (2019) I’m planning another overlanding trip. Monument Valley up through southern Utah.

I’ve talked to a few folks already and the plan would be to start Friday up to Monument Valley and Camp in an area just across the border in Utah. This is a very scenic area and covered with trails. As with most trip planning, weather can be a factor, expect cold and possibly wet conditions plus a lot of miles.

Stay tuned for more information.

I’m thinking we will meet Friday morning at 10 AM in Flagstaff at the ConocoPhillips travel center at 7180 US-89, Flagstaff 86004. This will be our fuel top off point before we head north. We should depart the Flagstaff station at 10:15 AM. Our next gas stop will be Mexican Hat.

For those departing from Phoenix we will be leaving at 7:30 to account for traffic and allow fueling time in Flagstaff. There will not be fast food stops so everyone should be prepared to eat lunches and dinners from whatever you bring. We will be topping off our fuel again near Monument Valley. Everyone should plan their travel time accordingly, my estimates are based on departing from the 4_sons Chevron on the north east side of I-17 and Carefree Highway by no later than 7:30 AM. If people want to caravan this could be a good meeting point.

My plans are to head from home to Flagstaff and await everyone there. I suggest everyone spread out versus caravan, then each driver can roll at their preferred pace.

Our list of attendees is pretty long, I know there will be some changes but this is about the maximum number of attendees.

If you are on the list incorrectly please let me know. I have added the names of the attendees so we aren't scrambling to remember.

Saddletramp - Steve (AKA White Steve)

Verruckt1 - Pete

Abigail - Abigail

Cruddz and Garrissey - Alvis and Edgar

D_Webb -Ben

Murf and Cruiserhiggs - Eric Murphy and Scott

Brices123 - Brice

Otter - Richard

Ken in AZ - Ken

Highwayromping - Chris

Stepmurr - Steve (AKA. Red Steve)

Yotadude - William

Ausome4x4 - David

Probro - Matt and Ariadne

DPA200 - Dylan

Longduck - Thomas

Definite No’s

JClarke450- 100% positively NOT coming

Rudster

CJ

ARJMN

Morsel

Wilding

Living in the past

Jason Hansen - Jason

Maybes:

N/A

Last edited:
Most likely in, depending on work.

I put it on my calendar.

Trailer friendly?

Pretty confident that I'm in.

Sounds good!

I'll join the "depending on work" group. It'll be my birthday weekend, so what better way to celebrate? But, work has had a history of crushing that one before. I'd most likely have the same trailer along as well. I should know for sure by mid-January

You're right, who needs money when you can live in your truck????
"never buy a car you can't sleep in"
Sarah Potenza, album ‘Monster’

I’m a maybe depending on what time you’re planning on leaving Friday.

Wish this would have been last year's February run. This year will have it as a maybe depending on how work goes.

If I have the long weekend count me in!

Added to my calendar.
Is this stocker friendly - may invite a buddy with a stock TRD PRO Tacoma.

Secured the days off for this soon-to-be epic road trip !

While this should be stock friendly, there is always to possibility of something happening. Most of the folks that do these runs are in for the scenic content and not too much difficult 4 wheeling.

Inviting a friend to attend in their truck is fine, you as the inviter of this friend are then responsible for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom