Feb 7, 1975 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

t-o

Threads
Guess its time to retire the upper radiator hose...

image-3406000315.jpg

Door plate says feb 1975, who knows might be original. Hoping to get 37 years out of next one too.
image-3406000315.jpg

WOW :cool:

I found dizzy wires from 1983 on my truck 22 years later - were still working perfectly

Poking away at water pump replacement...turns out all the radiator hoses were stamped 1975. Hoses were fine, only pulling them to replacce pump with play in shaft.

image-1781853115.jpg

Pretty wild I've driven this thing 25k miles in the last 12 years. Go OEM.

Ok back to it... Only broke off one bolt in the block. Could have been all four!
image-1781853115.jpg

Almost done. The thermostat housing proved difficult as I broke both bolts off. Used a putty knife to separate the halves. Some generous pb blaster, time, and some propane torch to extract the studs. Rreplaced the 2 bolts with new 8x1.25x45.

The new oem thermostat from Sam at Lowe is 82degC which is consistent with the Haynes manual. Old thermostat removed is 76.5degC.

New hoses all around and Got it filled with new antifreeze and deionized water. Will crank it up tomorrow after I swap out batteries!

Buttoned it all up last weekend.

Took it for a spin-- 450 miles plus another 65 off road.

Cheers to another 37 years!

Tim
image-996934045.jpg
image-1528527131.jpg
image-2020864527.jpg

Yep 33x10.5 BFG MT KM2s on stock steel rims.

Here's another pic from same trip down padre island. It's not a beauty, more of a workhorse!
image-1400511125.jpg

Guess its time to retire the upper radiator hose...

View attachment 694561

Door plate says feb 1975, who knows might be original. Hoping to get 37 years out of next one too.

Might not be original to the truck, but that's pretty cool.

Yep 33x10.5 BFG MT KM2s on stock steel rims.

Here's another pic from same trip down padre island. It's not a beauty, more of a workhorse!

And that's what they're made for!

:bounce2:

Buttoned it all up last weekend.

Took it for a spin-- 450 miles plus another 65 off road.

Cheers to another 37 years!

Tim

:cool:

my favorite wheeling companion is a Blazer, too ;)

we are even color coordinated :flamingo:

Huh? I waited all weekend at big shell but no one showed!!?! Had to keep busy with the kayaks and surf rods.

We should have a special december meet next week -- south at moontower saloon on manchaca.

your reading the hose # wrong, its not like in the US, most the world did it the otherway around, so the month is the 2nd #

so its really Feb 7th 1975

so yup those are the hoses that were installed when it was born

Landpimp said:
your reading the hose # wrong, its not like in the US, most the world did it the otherway around, so the month is the 2nd #

so its really Feb 7th 1975

so yup those are the hoses that were installed when it was born

Feb 7 like the thread's title? I try! Ha.

Yes, padre island national seashore. Mostly i use the cruiser around my property and occasional drive to work. Borrowed the 8274 for the trip, as im in process repairing the belle view motor that died performing some advanced tree removal operations. Hopefully I can resurrect the old winch.

I thought that was the birth date of your 40 in the title.....Doh!

Feb 7 like the thread's title? I try! Ha.

Yes, padre island national seashore. Mostly i use the cruiser around my property and occasional drive to work. Borrowed the 8274 for the trip, as im in process repairing the belle view motor that died performing some advanced tree removal operations. Hopefully I can resurrect the old winch.

Def got your money's worth out of that hose. I should bookmark this thread for anytime someone questions whether OEM parts are worth the price. :cool:

Landpimp said:
I thought that was the birth date of your 40 in the title.....Doh!

Yep that too!! The door vin plate shows February 1975. The hose shows feb 7, 75. A bit of consistency there, probably a good bet they were original hoses for the truck.

Odometer shows 83k, I always assumed 183k. The pump had definitely been replaced at least once prior to me replacing.

Thanks! Tim

My '03/'77 is still sporting several OEM original dated hoses , one of which is the brake booster vac line . Never understood why the original Japanese rubber lasted so long compared to anything else out there, same thing with my old Suzuki Samurai .... I sold it with several OEM hoses still intact and no sign of rot .
Sarge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom