FAWKING MIND BOGGLING - HitR 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

actually Pablo was our guinea pig! We figured, he had the widest truck with the most weight on top, so we sent him in first and if he didn't die, we were all good! Thanks for your service Pablo!!

Imagine being so totally and completely mind boggled that you have to take off your hat, like Steve2 :grinpimp:
I need to visit Mud more frequently. Since the Ri*con Fire Incident (or RFI as it's empathetically referenced in the Steve2 household), psychiatric remediation is achieved only through the pages of this thread. That or it's getting close to plan time for another multidimensional, mind altering, and provactively visual odyssey. Let me get my beer..

Wonder if we can find some firewood on the black rock desert? They do burn stuff there once a year....

You know you dudes totally missed out because @TrickyT and I did this trail this spring and INVITED ALL OF YOU GUYS. No-one came. We Hwy 50'd. We rode the ferry, we traversed the pinch, we made videos in the chute. So we did it anyway. It was awesome, and there was no one else on the trail with us. It was spectacular. But NOW everyone wants to go back? The year of years might have been 2018.

@FJ60Cam "uh, family, dude"
@jfz80 "uh, I'm fishing for small fish, dude"
@PabloVTA "uh, PG&E burned down another town and I have to fix it all personally, dude"
@desertdude "uh, I'm building a winery for some random dudes" (but I'll meet you on my Moto after!)<<<AWESOME!
@beno "uh, marriage dude"
@MountNGoat "uh, marriage, dude"
@JohnnyOshow22 "uh, marriage, dude"
@concretejungle "uh, marriage, dude, we're in (some tropical paradise)
@trout bum "crickets" but probably "marriage, dude"

o_O

I'm game for 2019. Watch your email. Here is the plan: Start at Hall's. HitR. Ferry. Remote Nevada traverse. Rubicon both ways. 3 weeks, no prisoners.

Wait! That's the fantasy plan for 2021. :hillbilly:

In reality, flexible and willing Spring 2019. Let's all work on it over the Holidays. I'll get an email started in the next couple of weeks unless someone else wants to take point.

:cheers:

let's float some emails.... personally I'm looking for a lower adrenaline scale trip. Some more true overlanding. I thought about bringing my bike and hitting some trails from a base camp... not sure just tossing ideas out.

I know this is at Cam's lab right now getting put into an 80 for a trip in 2019.

IMG_3961.jpeg

Sorry to change the subject, but...

This photo has started appearing in psychology textbooks in the Boggled Mind chapter.

There have been several case studies since this thread was conceived - and all have been inconclusive on what comes next on the HEL Chart.

Every mofo in that pic is COMPLETELY MIND BOGGLED to the 24th level and beyond....

Imagine being so totally and completely mind boggled that you have to take off your hat, like Steve2 :grinpimp:

Or that one guy that couldnt even stand. You just gotta soak it in at that point but i heard Richard may have never been the same after this moment in time.

This morning, I was driving down the road in similar sunshine-after-the-storm conditions that create the double rainbows, and it suddenly hit me...

Last edited:
Take these gentleman, who are 24th level mind boggled. So boggled that eyes are closing for a better look at things, ‘yeah bro’ stances are being stanced, and hats are removed in an effort to make sense of it all...

E93F72F3-AE7B-4201-811F-CC626743BF06.png

Clearly, they are not at a stoppping point. A magical place has been reached, for sure, but this is not the end.

This perception of reality is more like a summit in a series of peaks on the HEL chart. The journey is not over quite yet for these searchers of the ultimate truth.

This point could more accurately be described as the instant right before an ultimate sneeze that never arrives, never quite delivers you through to the other side.

A sneeze so big it encompasses your entire existence.

Last edited:
However, one particular passenger on this metaphysical journey seemed to break through the cusp of the existential sneeze, blowing all traces of boggle out of the the mind.

In a moment of full clarity, this traveler has inadvertently stumbled upon the truth. A truth so undeniable, he is in a state of peace, totally and completely one with the universe.

He is riding the line on the Holy Epic Level graph straight to infinity...

E4E6A744-EF33-4DD5-96D5-4A27F54AD5E5.jpeg

Last edited:
I will throw this out there...when the next trip comes together, if folks want to ship their trucks out to UT, I can help and have them stored at my office in South Jordan (20 mins from airport) . We did this a few weeks ago before our November HITR trip and it worked out well.

I will throw this out there...when the next trip comes together, if folks want to ship their trucks out to UT, I can help and have them stored at my office in South Jordan (20 mins from airport) . We did this a few weeks ago before our November HITR trip and it worked out well.

Now that might be a huge help. I was going to ship mine to Woody's but it's nice to have another option incase he is out there towing around his trailer living the life and not home.

Cam, I know we talked a while back, but since I sold the 60, do you think this can be done in a basic build 100 ? We were in the area last year and had a full plate , but still kinda planning our 3 weeks this May in the same area, Can ya still drive down to the water? Thanks, Dave

Cam, I know we talked a while back, but since I sold the 60, do you think this can be done in a basic build 100 ? We were in the area last year and had a full plate , but still kinda planning our 3 weeks this May in the same area.

I think so. We had basic built 60 (with low gears) & 80. You should expect to drag front & rear bumpers at times, sliders probably not as much. You might wish for a rear locker at times, but probably not absolutely necessary.

@spressomon did it in his 100 with a trailer, I believe.

Can ya still drive down to the water? Thanks, Dave

I can neither confirm or deny water access. For internet purposes, no you can’t. Hypothetically speaking, the road down may be blocked with more fallen rock - definitely hike down first - there’s no turning around on the shelf road.

Cam, I know we talked a while back, but since I sold the 60, do you think this can be done in a basic build 100 ? We were in the area last year and had a full plate , but still kinda planning our 3 weeks this May in the same area, Can ya still drive down to the water? Thanks, Dave

We did it in November with one hundy in the group or 33's and F/R lockers...no problems at all, but driven by an experience driver. We also had an almost bone stock 60 without lockers that made it through...but again very talented driver picking good lines.

To confirm: I have not pulled a trailer behind on HITR. Otherwise, I'd still be there. :p

To add: A 3X triple locked 100 on 35's has to work a little harder than an 80 on 33's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom