Fawkin trannys fired how about (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
OK so my 4l60e that was installed 8k ago with my motor smoked yesterday ... does anyone know can I just ubolt the adapter from the tranny and swap it out with out pullin the tcase apart ??? I know I have to cut the main shaft down I have a 50-0408A adapter on it

If you slide the adapter off, what will hold the t-case input gears in place?

If you slide the adapter off, what will hold the t-case input gears in place?

It has a spud shaft that slips on the the main shaft on the tranny

Attachments

• 50-0408A[1].pdf
    73 KB · Views: 279
Does it support itself with a bearing in the adapter or is it supported by the tranny's main shaft?

Does it support itself with a bearing in the adapter or is it supported by the tranny's main shaft?

I just added the instrustions on my other post ... it looks like it does but I didnt put it in :mad:

From the instructions, it sounds like the spud shaft will be sufficiently supported by the bearing in the adapter, but there's only one way to find out.

Worked like a champ

Had to cut the exhaust off to get it out though ... It blocked the tranny and the starter won't come out ... So I have to redo that too

Sounds like you got it but yea all you have to do is unbolt the four bolts and slide the tcase off. Be careful though when you slide the t case on and off. that shaft new input shaft seal on your transfer case can get disturbed and start leaking pretty easily. 8k and smoked the tranny? did the tranny have a lot of miles? If not is everything working right? like the toque converter lock up and such?

Sounds like you got it but yea all you have to do is unbolt the four bolts and slide the tcase off. Be careful though when you slide the t case on and off. that shaft new input shaft seal on your transfer case can get disturbed and start leaking pretty easily. 8k and smoked the tranny? did the tranny have a lot of miles? If not is everything working right? like the toque converter lock up and such?

I was "TOLD" it was beefed up and rebuilt :rolleyes: as far as I know it all worked I'm goin to have all the RE-RE-cked this time:bang:

You know i just caught this...

So you replaced the transmission, a bunch of wiring, still no 4wd, I think i saw something about a new fuel pump and 02 sensors as well? Good freaking lord. need me to roll patches through "X's" front door?

You know i just caught this...

So you replaced the transmission, a bunch of wiring, still no 4wd, I think i saw something about a new fuel pump and 02 sensors as well? Good freaking lord. need me to roll patches through "X's" front door?

yup made me a home made shaft and it hits the exhaust AND the tranny pan then I tried to shift it into low.... Not only will the tranny not shift into first but it won't even go into low range... But I have a new project comin and I hope it's I better shape :lol:

If you dont already have a tranny guy but jag performance is one of the best 4l60 shops in the country

yup made me a home made shaft and it hits the exhaust AND the tranny pan then I tried to shift it into low.... Not only will the tranny not shift into first but it won't even go into low range... But I have a new project comin and I hope it's I better shape :lol:

damn man I am sorry to hear that

yea new project needs a lot less work, just DONT CUT HER UP!! and we will be fine.

I have driven her once in the last week, I think its my way of weening myself from her.

Cut :lol: I'm thinkin of goin back to stock white wheels or stock greyson with hub caps bling baby bling

I wanted the stock early wheels and hub caps myself so that would be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom