Favorite Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Price is not being considered

With all of your vast experience with 55's. In your opinion, what would be the best all around(on and off-road) tires to use. With comfort and functionality in mind. This would include both stock and modified suspensions.

Size 35

Width 12

Name BFG MTA

My favorite AT tires have to be the Yokohama Geolandar AT's. Awesome all around tires. I have used three sets from new.

I've been happy with the MTR's on our 80 series both on and off-road. Quite, seem to be wearing well. I'll probalby go with a set for the new pig.

$.0002

talked to a couple of shops
they seem to prefer the bfg at's "You dont need anything more than that for colorado"
Unless you are going for hard core stuff

I just bought a set of 33 Geolanders AT.... The tread looks great and the rubber is soft. I can't wait to test them in the snow this winter..

Snow driving is so much fun
And that is part of the criteria for me when buying tires. Living in CO we do get supprised from time to time with the crazy 2 day city shut down storms.

BFG AT's are okay snow tires, but not great. The Geolanders or Bridgestone Revo's are better performers in all conditions thatn the BFG's, but neither of them are as tough or will last nearly as long as the BFG's. They might not come in the size you want either.

I'm fairly happy with the 35x12.5 Goodyear MT/R's that came with my Pig.

I like the BFG's but I love the Geolandars. They are priced right too. They dont last as long because the rubber compound use is softer then BFG. They really grip the road too. And the tread design makes them quite on roadnoise. The BFG's coast about 40 dollars more per tire. I know BFG is the favorite for most people but I have never been disappointed with my Geolandar AT's. They come in either an 8 or 10 ply tire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom