Favorite Quotes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm kinda fond of famous quotes and once in a while find one that hit's the mark. Chris and I were talking at the recent crawfish boil and I shared this one with him. He suggested that I post it here so...

"Live each season as it passess. Breath the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each" - Henry David Thoreau

CottnLandCruisers has the right idea according to Mr. Thoreau! Can't wait to prove this out again in Moab!

Really Daryl??? With this bunch? Hang on...

Oh well, that went over like a fart in church. Nevermind.

OK - one for you Bodean:

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk. The best of life is but intoxication." - Lord Byron

"Where ever you go, there you are" - a Wiseman, according to Mike Brady

"for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." - Hamlet

William Shakespeare didn't actually create that qoute, but he used it as well, so that should tell you the magnitude of it's meaning. It had been around in forms.

"Nothing is right or wrong, but thinking makes it so." -unknown

Every thought we possess falls under this single qoute.

"I voted for it... before I voted against it." Sen. John Kerry Democrat, Massatwoshits AKA: Mr. Teresa Heinz

Last edited:
"The pleasures which we most rarely experience give us the greatest delight"
-Desiderius Erasmus

"A life of peace, purity, and refinement leads to a calm and untroubled old age"
-Cicero

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves"
-Ronald Reagan

" When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: Admit it, learn from it. and don't repeat it"
-Paul "Bear" Bryant

never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives!
-any married man

:lol:

sorry couldn't resist

Two of my favorites are in my sig line. I really like the one by Iron Mike although I doubt he meant it the way I interpreted it.

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit." Everyone has a plan coming out of high school as to what their major will be in college or what their vocation may become. Everyone has a plan for their future with respect to their career, business, home, spouse and kids.

How will you react if you are not accepted into your college or vocation of choice? What if your career becomes obsolete or your business goes belly up? What if your home goes into foreclosure? What if your spouse leaves you? What are you gonna do if your kid gets sick? What if you can't have them at all?

We're all gonna get hit. What's your next move?

Great thread!

Last edited:
My favorite Ronald Reagan quote - "Facts are stupid things"

Goes hand in hand with a Churchill quote - " Statistics are like a drunk with a lampost: used more for support than illumination."

My favorite Ronald Reagan quote - "Facts are stupid things"

Goes hand in hand with a Churchill quote - " Statistics are like a drunk with a lampost: used more for support than illumination."

hilarious!

My favorite quote of all time came from George Washington Sears in an article he wrote for a periodical we now know as Field and Stream Magazine in the late 1800's -

“I sometimes think of myself as a wild Indian, or an old berserker, masquerading under the guise of a 19th century American. When the straitjacket of civilization becomes too oppressive I throw it off, betake myself to savagery, and there loaf and refresh my soul.”

Gale: Why ain't you breast-feeding? You appear to be capable.
Ed McDonnough: Mind your own bid'ness.
Evelle: Ma'am, you don't breast-feed him, he'll hate you for it later. That's why we wound up in prison.

Raising Arizona

"Hey careful, man, there's a beverage here!" The Dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom