Favorite Oil to Use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruisin' Becky

#LandcruiserLife
Threads
new thread , but pennzoil is my absolute last possible choice for oil....absolute....

IMO, Michelin's in general are long lasting tires....

Sorry Woody, I got carried away! :eek:

Anyway, what brand of oil does the 80 use that isn't burned up so quickly? I use pennzoil and havoline and it eats it up so quick!

Cruisin' Becky :princess:

Myself and many have found that Rotella T Synthetic 5W 40 works well. It is a Heavy Duty oil and you can get it at Wal Mart.

Wow! Thanks! I will definitely be using the Rotella!

Cruisin' Becky said:
Wow! Thanks! I will definitely be using the Rotella!

suspicious response, seems like an answer a guy would give pretending to be a female. :D

Mobil 1 0-40W synthetic is recommended higly. I am currently running Red Line 5-30W. It's more expensive, but I found it on sale.

I pick up 6-packs of Mobil 1 at Costco. Either 5w-30 or 10w-30, depending on the season. Works well for me in my area.

M1 0W-40. Best oil and best viscosity I've used so far.

Do a search user name Cary you'll be amazed. :idea:

NorCalDoug said:
I pick up 6-packs of Mobil 1 at Costco. Either 5w-30 or 10w-30, depending on the season. Works well for me in my area.

NorCalDoug,

Do you use Mobil 1 synthetic or mineral based?

Mobil 1 only comes as a Group IV PAO Synthetic.

Rotella T synth in mine too....NAPA gold filters....Walmart in gallon jugs, 2 required for an oil change (on my list this weekend too!)

Valvoline in my offroader....usually every 25 hours for changes :D

Rotella T synthetic from walmart, its a good oil and consumption went way down when I started to use it.

whodat said:
suspicious response, seems like an answer a guy would give pretending to be a female. :D

I was just trying to be curtious. Does anyone have any manners anymore? :eek: God, cut me some slack.

Cruisin' Becky said:
I was just trying to be curtious. Does anyone have any manners anymore? :eek: God, cut me some slack.

1 in 8000 ain't bad ;)

make sure you use NAPA gold filters or Toyota OEM....believe those are the two that get 95% of the approvals...

slick621 said:
NorCalDoug,

Do you use Mobil 1 synthetic or mineral based?
It's full synthetic. Runs about $24 for a box of 6 at Costco.

EDIT: yeah...what Cary said :D

get the usual 5 gallon castrol at wally world....or case of mobil at Costco...

I tried M1 0w40 and I only had consumption at high rpm's. And it was fast consumption.
I could go through a qt of oil in a tank of gas.
I tried RotellaT 5w40 syn and my consumption is 1 qt per 3000 mi and I have 265,000+ mi on it.
My flowing oil pan arch leak stopped leaking along with my seaping timing cover leaks.
Others have found their consumption to be up with the M1 but they don't mind it but I don't think it was as bad as mine.
If you don't want a syn oil, Chevron Delo400 15w40 is one of the bests summer (if yoy live in the north) oil out there. Otherwise Chevron Supreme Motor Oil is top notch.

I am thinking of using RotellaT in my 96 Camry V6 but not sure if the W40 is too thick for the motor?

cary said:
Mobil 1 only comes as a Group IV PAO Synthetic.

Ok thanks! I thought i saw a Mobil 1 mineral based at WalMart the other day but must have been another brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom