Favorite camp / travel pillow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

What is your favorite camp or travel pillow? I am looking for something that is small but comfy and supportive that can be brought to camp, packed small in a carry on bag for air travel, used in a hotel, in the car etc.

Thanks for any suggestions
Sean

I use one of those horse shoe shaped travel pillows, it is a quality one. The cheep ones will make your neck sweat. Used in the car, camping, on the plane, in the hotel in addition to their crappy pillow if they didn't provide a good one. has like a small nylon strap with a snap so you can clip it to your back pack or what ever you want to clip it to.

Most any pillow, including one of dense memory-type polyurethane compresses well when rolled and stored in a stuff sack. Much like a mattress the satisfaction is personal and subjective. Bottom line, use the one most comfortable for you.

oh, and double up the pillow case so you can have a fresh one half way through the trip.

Maybe as I get older I like comfort more now. I take the same pillow I use as home with me now. For years I used a stuff sack when backpacking and that was my car camping setup also.

We use the Teton camp pillows both in the tent and at home. They're just the right size for everything.

I have an Exped compressible pillow on top of an inflatable Cocoon pillow inside a pillowcase. Works great for side sleeping on a foam mattress.

Something I didn't factor before ordering was how loud the inflatable pillows are when moving around at night. The plastic crinkles and woke myself and my wife up during the night.

Amazon purchase. Was skeptical but used it on a couple of trips. for me the secret is airing down. I don't like a stiff pillow so about two puffs airs it up perfectly for me.
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2357.JPG

My jacket, my elbow, beer bottle or no pillow.. been eyeballing the exped ones though
That's been me for years. I have a fleece-lined stuff sack that doubles as a pillow, it's OK. I try to bring my home pillow these days...

I have this one:
Amazon product ASIN B00FAATX26
Comfy enough and light and small enough to take on backpacking treks. Tough as well. I use it at least monthly and I'm not super nice on my stuff and it has always held up well.

Got a few of these free at a MN Twins baseball event: My Pillow "Roll and Go Anywhere".

These are so good I purchased full size pillows for the bedroom too.

Perfect size for car camping. Toss in the wash when home. They compact down very small and recover perfectly from compression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom