Favorite camp luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zodi propane shower when you've been camping for too long.

I forgot to add a tablet. Use it for maps / navigation. Also reference library such as books on flora / fauna, first aid, cruiser manuals, survival, etc. Nice to look at some of the pictures taken that day. Also has some music for around the camp. Lots of niceties.

I would have said our travel trailer LOL. But I had to think about this one now that we're RV-less. I guess it would have to be the GoalZero Yeti 1500X power station. It powers everything like the fridge, lighting*, phones, fans etc... for days on end. Longer if we deploy the solar panels.

*a formerly 60W incandescent bug light is now replaced by a 6W LED equivalent. Things are really power efficient nowadays.

Gentleman Jack, a way to look at footage I have accumulated, photo, video, solitude👍

As I get older, the line between the terms luxury and necessity blurs:

Recently upgraded from air mattress to Thermorest Mondoking sleeping pad
Aeropress for coffee tastes better and is easy cleanup when travelling
ARB fridge has changed camping/roadtrips forever
+1 on the Thermarest Mondoking! Super comfy and has a nice thermal R factor when cold.

@Randy88FJ62 and @Kofoed are my go-to guys on camping/backpacking gear. I have been a Thermarest guy for almost 30 years. For base camping I’ve been satisfied. But they’ve come up short on R factor, weight and bulk for backpacking.

Randy recommended the Exped mat to me earlier this year and I bought one, but was unfortunately waylaid from testing it out on the PCT by my leg injury in April. Took it out to Death Valley last month and finally got to test it. It really is luxurious. But when I rolled over the first time I laughed as I remembered all the reviews that complained about the noise!

Best not to use one when others are camped close by!😛

@Randy88FJ62 and @Kofoed are my go-to guys on camping/backpacking gear. I have been a Thermarest guy for almost 30 years. For base camping I’ve been satisfied. But they’ve come up short on R factor, weight and bulk for backpacking.

Randy recommended the Exped mat to me earlier this year and I bought one, but was unfortunately waylaid from testing it out on the PCT by my leg injury in April. Took it out to Death Valley last month and finally got to test it. It really is luxurious. But when I rolled over the first time I laughed as I remembered all the reviews that complained about the noise!

Best not to use one when others are camped close by!😛
Yep too big, bulky for backpacking but good for car/truck camping 👍. Hope the leg is better Mark.

My favorite camp luxury, nothing fancy but a DIY table I made couple of years ago. I have a tailgate and a popup table on the tire swing but having a tall table with ample room for cooking/food prep is very nice.

AM-JKLVYWml8Zo-oILKFFFG-2PK_irvcyH1wsWx724DWbbBsWrtvsPjDBc7EXw_Ru2IlWdMVgWIMoQ-YGxMWHVtKq36vpmX8IOxPtVrk7dENZNTHB_AL6uN45SNjgRnTfRPRJrtZt8Dh6mqG7WQtY4v6Sd91_A=w1240-h698-no

Two things actually rooftop tent and awning. I slept for years in ground tents, still do for backpacking! But being in Arizona with snakes (came across three rattlers in last year) and Scorpions being off the ground is nice!

9C809526-2988-425F-8EB3-18DD72E70AA2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom