Fault codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
Yesterday the overdrive light on the dash started to flash on my 97 model petrol auto 80
Ive done the diagnostics with a paper clip and got codes 61 and 63.
Ive not been able to find anything on these codes and need help please.
Tia

Do you not have an OBDII port? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't have an A440F or and A442F handy to check this, but aren't all the A343F transmission codes 700s (my docs have only those numbers in them - maybe I'm missing a few pages...)? I thought the 6x codes were for the older transmissions.

Were there '97s somewhere in the world that were fitted with A442Fs?

Last edited:
This is from my 1994 (A442F) AT manual:
1670349283669.png

I can drop the full transmission section (not the unit rebuild manual) in the Resources section, if you need it. This is not the FSM that @Trollhole posted.

I appreciate that a great deal Malleus
Thankyou.
It's in the Resources section, along with the EWD pages. Please note this is only the general, good to know stuff (how it works, how to maintain it, how to troubleshoot it, how to remove and install it), not the complete overhaul manual. It is, however, what is most needed most often.

I'm not entirely certain this is the one you need, however. The 1997 should have been fitted with the A343F, not the A442F. Both manuals are in the resources section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom