Father/son bachin' it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
The wife and daughter went up by Mayer Az this weekend for a girlscout jamboree, so I thought it was time for Braedon to learn how to drive the cruiser. So, we loaded up and went to a sandy wash behind Oracle and wheeled around in low range for a spell. He did quite well, but....
Stupid me, I didn't think about deep sand and no power steering:whoops: Just minor carnage with a tree and I couldn't get too upset when he said "Who put that tree there anyway?"

Something about that helpless feeling as you are trying to cram both feet through the passenger floorboard.:eek:
W&S1-2.jpg
W&S3-2.jpg

I taught my daughter to drive in the desert in my 4Runner when she was 12. We had a similar experience. I told her all about how to work the accelerator, shifter and the clutch, assuming brakes were a no-brainer. She had the gas, clutch and shifter down, but I guess stopping required an immovable object. So I got a slightly crunched valence and bumper bump.

Carl

He wanted a Mustang Gt when he got older, but now he want's a 40 after going out with the old man on a regular basis. Guess I'll have to start looking for a decent builder for a father/son project.

Teaching him well. My oldest's first drive was the RN60 at the Hammers for 4runner Jamboree 2005. Now he drives a Scion tC. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom