Father and son OME Suspension Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so never posted on a forum before, but after doing this project with my oldest, I wanted to share! We had a great time with the project. Cruiser Outfitters sold us the entire kit and were awesome to work with. This is an '83 FJ 60 in great shape so only the rear shackle, pins and bushings were hateful, everything else was remove and replace. After a few hours of beating and swearing on the rear bushings, I switched to heat and heavy prybar. Only way to go! Working on the truck with my son was a great experience. PB Blaster over several weeks had all the nuts ready for removal. Before and after photos first, big difference!
20170829_150818.jpg
20180729_170534.jpg

20180729_162958.jpg

20180707_140526.jpg

20180728_140612.jpg

That is what a 60 should have looked like from the factory. Nice work!

My son and I did the same on my 60. Then, years later, we did a lift on his 80. Good times.

The truck looks great, good job. I grew up wrenching with my father, I have fond memories of those times and even a few of his old tools still reside in my tool box. Funny, I learned to curse while wrenching with Dad, some things are just universal :)

Looks great!! What lift (inches; heavy/med/light)?? How did you get it to sit level? Longer shackles up front? Any steering issues?

The truck looks great, good job. I grew up wrenching with my father, I have fond memories of those times and even a few of his old tools still reside in my tool box. Funny, I learned to curse while wrenching with Dad, some things are just universal :)
The first time I heard my dad drop a line of words was trying to install power steering and power disc brakes on our '66 Ford 100. Sometimes it's the added motivation needed to get the extra torque. It's a tool I'll always have with me...;)

Good times that will be long remembered.

Yes do tell. Would also like to know the particulars on the type of lift this is. Looks great.
OME heavy rear medium front. Planning to add bumpers maybe in a year but fridge and gear in the back are all planned. Sits about 1.5 inches higher in back than front empty. Driver side is about 3/4 inch lower than passenger right now. Only put about 75 miles on it since lift.

Yes do tell. Would also like to know the particulars on the type of lift this is. Looks great.
The overall ride is increadibly smooth, not at all like I was expecting out of that thick leaf pack. No steering issues at all, on the road. Only been on a smooth dirt road and pavement, but handles great. Need to get an alignment, but no complaints on ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom