Fastener Help Starter Bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings Mud. I lost the bolt to my starter. The part number is 90099-00907. It’s listed as a nut and washer and I have one coming in the mail.

But, I’d like to get back on the road today. Any advice on the grade of steel, diameter, length, and pitch? Maybe M10 x 1.25 x 70 says the inter webs. I’d replace it when the part shows up.

Also the double threaded stud on the top came out. I plan two use two nuts to drive it in and then back off the nuts. Maybe some blue lock tight but I have no idea how much torque to use.

Torquing a stud, each mfg. is different. Can't usually go too wrong with 10-15 lb/ft. Doesn't take much, just enough to hold it in the hole, especially if you locktite it in there.

Starter bolts on these aren't heavily loaded. Any medium grade bolt will be fine, grade 8 or 10 is overkill, but easier to find zinc plated in those grades and they will never have an issue.

Torquing a stud, each mfg. is different. Can't usually go too wrong with 10-15 lb/ft. Doesn't take much, just enough to hold it in the hole, especially if you locktite it in there.

Starter bolts on these aren't heavily loaded. Any medium grade bolt will be fine, grade 8 or 10 is overkill, but easier to find zinc plated in those grades and they will never have an issue.
Thanks for the advice on the stud. I really appreciate it.

I believe the missing bottom bolt worked it's way out over time leaving only the top stud to hold things together, until it didn't hold things together. Or the bottom bolt was left off during some recent work on the vehicle. Either way here is a picture of the results, just for fun. The starter kicked itself off.
IMG_0837.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom