Fast WD40 tire fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure that alot of you already know about this quick tire fix. This link is for the ones that don't. This is for when you have your tires aired down and it loses seal with the rim. Be careful with the amount of WD40. You don't need alot to reseal the tire to the rim. Afterwards just air up to the desired pressure.

Enjoy,
Greg

wd40_tire_fix.flv video by 73fj40lc - Photobucket

usually just use ether .

even hairspray would work .

They're simply igniting the propellant in the aerosol (probably propane).

WD40 actually damages rubber.

Not something I would EVER do.

My 2c!

:cheers:

thats not particularly safe thing to do, much easier to just have OBA or a CO2 tank...JMO

the other problem is what you see in the end of the video, it doesnt allways work, as the tire cools the bead often falls back off b/c it wasnt completely seated...

I have used this in an emergency and it does work. How will OBA or co2 help when the tire is not sealed and will not hold air? I do keep OBA but it does not help in this situation until after the tire is sealed. As soon as the tire is sealed you air it up and that fully resets the seal. In alot of situations you wouldn't need to because help is nearby. In an emergengy or survival situation knowledge is key to survival. Common sense dictates when you would need to do what is necessary.

I have used this in an emergency and it does work. How will OBA or co2 help when the tire is not sealed and will not hold air? I do keep OBA but it does not help in this situation until after the tire is sealed. As soon as the tire is sealed you air it up and that fully resets the seal. In alot of situations you wouldn't need to because help is nearby. In an emergengy or survival situation knowledge is key to survival. Common sense dictates when you would need to do what is necessary.

i have to agree ,i have oba , it won't re seat a 40" tire unless you put a come along around the tire . usually the only way to seat a bead on a big tire is with ether a come along or a cheetah .

usually just use ether .

even hairspray would work .

ether = starting fluid :)

Pretty much anything in an aerosol can works.

Done it more times than I can count. (Doesn't necessarily make it safe though :flipoff2: )

I have OBA and I still seat beads this way, much quicker and easier.

and alot of guys say oem split rims are unsafe :)

attachment.php

Hehehehehe, I bet that he cleaned out his pants after that one. Atleast I did caution on the amout of aerosol to be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom