Farm Fresh 97 Triple Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally found an 80 with factory lockers. 1 owner, kept on the farm with 197K. Now the work starts.
1. New plugs-check.
2. Cleaned the interior of all of the farm critters and covered with smell good carpet freshener-check.
3. Added fuel-check.
4. Is getting air and turning over but wont fire-check...
I am looking for a fuse or relay, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Pic bro!

You'll have to check and see if there's actually spark from the plugs. Next, how long did this truck sit? Did you drain the bad gas from the tank? Any service codes? Might get a cheap scanner and check those. Oh, we will also need pics!

Was it parked (not started or driven) for months, years??

Does the check engine light come on briefly when you first turn the ignition key to the ON position? If not could be a bad fusible link (bundle) coming off the positive battery post.

Landcruiser fusible link 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses. I will start this chasing down each item.
1. Truck sat for 5 years, moved around the farm as needed but not driven more than that.
2. Had a huge coolant leak and that is why it was parked. They suspect a head gasket. It looks more like a hole in radiator is the culprit.
IMG_6608.jpg
IMG_6609.jpg
IMG_6611.jpg
IMG_6612.jpg
IMG_6622.jpg

Fuel pump was bad, now it is good. Engine fires up, then runs for a second or two and then dies.
CEL comes on, lights and radio all work.
Is this maybe a bad EFI relay?

Have you checked MAF?

Fuel pump was bad, now it is good. Engine fires up, then runs for a second or two and then dies.
CEL comes on, lights and radio all work.
Is this maybe a bad EFI relay?
What @desmocruiser said first.

Also look for cracked intake hose, vacuum leaks.

My dreams are dashed. My farm fresh has a rusted out rear cross member. Can this be replaced or is it too late?

It’s flaking off down to thinner and thinner metal...every time I touch it.
But it’s not rusted through. I’m still in it.
few
thanks
i just had a moment ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom