1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy Football???

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 3puttcop, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 3puttcop

3puttcop

Did fantasy football for a few years with some guys from college, but the last two years I have not participated, because they were a bunch of cry baby, yuppie asses.

Looking to get into a league, but can’t seem to get enough people at work or neighbors interested to start my own league. Does anyone have experience competing with strangers on On-Line site? And if so which is the best. The last league I competed in was CBS sportsline. Are there any leagues that are better?

2. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    We ought to get a mud league going.. I'm no longer playing with former collegues either...

3. airon23

airon23

i guess i'm a comissioner for this one i got through EA when buying Madden NFL but I'm not too sure how to start/run it. never really done it.

4. flounder

flounder

i'd be up for a league, i think my old college buddies decided not to do one this year.....flounder610@hotmail.com

Yahoo has a free one if someboby wants to start one. I'd be down with hockey too.

Yahoo was easy to use and had a draft and everyhting.

5. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

fantasy football is about the gayest thing ever. not that there's anything wrong with that :)

6. LongIsland60

LongIsland60

Thanks - glad someone else said it.

7. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    You guys proably have never played. I said the same thing before I was coerced into a league. Watching football started to get boring...at the very least it's become more interesting and I can watch alot of bad games and find some pleasure in rooting for or against a player/team.

8. 3puttcop

3puttcop

Its like golf... I have seen lots of people say that it was gay, but once they did it they were addicted.

9. bull

bull

Media:
    Albums:
    I can start an espn.com league. PM me if you want to join. I need your address...(e-mail)

10. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

you are of course right, I have never done it, just was never interested. Not growing up with it, I never managed to get interested in football. To me it is a bunch of guys on steroids, clinged into too tight pants, runnig after a melon. and at every possible chance someone calls a foul, and they all stop.
    Australian football, that is a game. no stopping due to BubbaJo biting the pinky of JohnBob...

really, I have no issues whatsoever with football, just bores me to death. probably because I don't understand the rules well.

11. Budd

Budd

i'm in a few leagues on Yahoo, one of em we're actually looking for a few more players, PM me if you're interested

12. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    Budd, Cost? or is it for fun just covering the site expense?

13. Budd

Budd

its free league, just a Yahoo league we started at another message board i post on. let me know if you're interested, like i said we could use a few more players

14. dclee

dclee

Yahoo offers free leagues and it's easy to do. Not as much fun as a real face-to-face draft, though, where you can get out the keg and the grill and make it an excuse for beer and BBQ. :cheers:

15. Budd

Budd

we still need a few more guys for our free yahoo league if anyone is interested. theres no money involved or anything, just bragging rights

16. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:

:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :flipoff2:

17. Budd

Budd

lol damn monkeys cheat :upyours:

but we do need a few more players to fill out the league if anyones interested

18. Budd

Budd

so how'd it turn out for you this year? :grinpimp: :flipoff2:

19. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    How'd I know you'd dig up this thread ;)

First to last... I like to make a statement. :)

LT is rediculios. anyone who has em is pretty much guaranteed a top3 finish

Hopefully you'll have me back to whip up on again next year. I won't be letting the comp auto rate my players either :eek:

20. erymer

erymer SILVER Star

for me Fantasy football is a double edged sword. I love to play. I've been in a keeper league with the same guys for about 8 years. It's alot of fun but when your team is not doing well, it makes just watching games on TV miserable. I had a bad year and I got to a point where I did not even want to watch any games. Every game had one of my opponents players and of course they had a great game. I'll still play but hopefully start my winning ways again. I am kinda glad it's over this year so I can get back to enjoying watching the games again.