Fan or buzzing sound in the back of the vehicle after off for a few hours (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

greynolds

SILVER Star
Threads
This might belong in the stupid question of the day thread, but... I went down to the garage after supper tonight and noticed a fan or buzzing sound coming from somewhere in the rear of my 2020 LC tonight. The car had been shut off for a several hours at that point after a half hour trip to run an errand. I turned the ignition to accessory mode then back off and the noise went away. Any idea what it could be?

Last edited:
Could be in the manual.

Could also be the emissions system on the gas tank.

In all seriousness, a good 💩 and the manual is quite educational.

This might belong in the stupid question of the day thread, but... I went down to the garage after supper tonight and noticed a fan of buzzing sound coming from somewhere in the rear of my 2020 LC tonight. The car had been shut off for a several hours at that point after a half hour trip to run an errand. I turned the ignition to accessory mode then back off and the noise went away. Any idea what it could be?

Perfectly normal. It's the Evap / canister something or other purging / testing itself.

HTH

Perfectly normal. It's the Evap / canister something or other purging / testing itself.

HTH
Thanks for the helpful response, that sounds like it could definitely be what was going on. I had read through the manual, but didn’t recall any mention of something like this.

HTH

Yep.

Its slso the annoying feature that triggers my evap error codes.

I think it's creepy, as if the truck is up to something like signalling the mother-ship.
LOL, yeah it's definitely creepy. But it's good to know what it is and that it's perfectly normal (even if it is creepy).

I just noticed our 200 doing this after she was tucked in for the night. Weird. Quick search and mystery solved. Man this place rocks. Cheers.

Guy

This might belong in the stupid question of the day thread, but... I went down to the garage after supper tonight and noticed a fan or buzzing sound coming from somewhere in the rear of my 2020 LC tonight. The car had been shut off for a several hours at that point after a half hour trip to run an errand. I turned the ignition to accessory mode then back off and the noise went away. Any idea what it could be?
My '13 Taco does that too. Freaked me out the first time when I was camping in the bed under the Montana stars. Musta been midnight, and I thought how am I going to get outta here? (Figured something was terribly wrong) I was 40 miles from any town. Don't recall my 200 doing it, yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom