Fan clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How tight should a fan clutch tighten up when it gets hot? Put a new one on my Pig (SBC) and let it get up to 220 deg and it felt just like it did when it was cool. You could turn it fairly easily. Do they make different ones that ar activated at different temps? The one on my diesel come on at 210 and you can hear/feel the difference. Thanks! :flamingo: :beer:

it should lock up enough to spin the fan, don't think in fact pretty sure is not a 100% lock up but you should be able to feel the difference and you WILL be able to hear when(if) it engages.

Back when I used to get my K5 serviced at a local shop, the mechanic there told me he'd sworn off ALL aftermarket fan clutches because of weak engagement issues that ended up biting him in the butt on come-back jobs. I remember him telling me what a genuine GM clutch went for and I just opted for a clutch converter to run my stock fan direct drive.

Mark W has said basically the same thing about the Toyota clutches, and I agree with him on those.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom