fan clutch pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
My fan clutch is bad. My local Napa has one for $71. But at Cool Cruisers and MAF they want $120-plus (couldn't even find the thing on Specter's stupidly organized site). So would the CCOT or MAF clutch be worth the extra money, and if so, why?

Thanks!

Based on considerable personal experience, the fan clutch is one thing I would never buy outside of OEM. Toyota works, the others are crap. Many, many failures and problems with aftermarket fan clutches. Most knowledgeable parts men will even reccomend against em.

OEM only for this part!!! PM Cruiserdan for fair OEM parts pricing. I think north of $100 is about right.

I would not mess with the aftermarket junk. Put in a new OEM fan clutch and forget about for the next 100,000 to 150,000 miles.

Give Cruiser Dan a call for terrific service and great prices on OEM parts. Order extra nuts with your new fan clutch.

While you are in there, you might as well replace the belts, radiator hoses and t-stat. C-Dan can help you with those parts, too.

I got a china one from autozone for $42 with a lifetime guarantee. I'll test it out. Plus i'm on the budget.

get OEM from Dan or similar, aftermarket ones just don't do the job, OEM will last 100K+

can get it 2 ways, with the waterpump for $230-ish or just the FC for $120-ish

I sudjest also pickup up at least one spare nuts that hold the FC on.........seems one of these always falls and can't be found. Me I get 4 new nuts every time........

I was also thinking of getting a the combo that CCOT has for sale. I'm a little confused on the water pump though. Should I get the the water pump with a cooler or without a cooler?

Water pumps are either w/ or w/ the oil cooler depending on the engine. If you have an oil cooler it will be on the passeger side of the engine slightly behind and below the dizzy. You need to match the existing to the new. Also, water pumps that have the use the fan clutch are shorter than ones that direct couple to the fan. SOR has a good reference guide

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat054.tam?xax=10231&page.ctx=cat054.tam

Also, you should remove the back plate on the w/p and seal it with RTV then reassemble to avoid doing it after you've installed the w/p and it leaks. (been there and done that)

Harry

we got one from autozone it was multy fit 60/62 and sevral other makes other than toyota it was about $65 or so its been on a fj62 that we got for $100 and was told that it overheats and has bad head gasket ??? ok long storry made short after some investaging it further was found a fan clutch from parts store new belts and some newe anti freeze year and half later it still runs great and never get further than half way on temp gage .So you make the call was it worth it so far hell yes ,how long will it last any bodys guess !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom